Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    turnsignals
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

turnsignals
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
o.k. you electronic gurus. i'm having a problem with my turn signals. flashers work fine outside and on the dash lights. turn signals work in neither place. i have checked fuses that i can find and flashers in the outside front campartment (83 regency
35') to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

mike (ironsides) foster

------------------

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<GyreneSix>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by ironsides:
o.k. you electronic gurus. i'm having a problem with my turn signals. flashers work fine outside and on the dash lights. turn signals work in neither place. i have checked fuses that i can find and flashers in the outside front campartment (83 regency
35') to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
mike (ironsides) foster

Mike,

I have a few wiring diagrams for my '91 34' Regency but I can't post .bmp files here. Talk to Dave (The Barthman) maybe his "guru" can find a way.

Cheers,

The Gyrene

[This message has been edited by GyreneSix (edited January 08, 2002).]

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
There's probably more than one fuse box. You may have to become a gymnast to find it but there may be a fuse box under the dash to the left of the steering wheel. If you have a mat down there you may have a hard time seeing it and you will definately need a flashlight. That is where my flasher fuse/airhorn/step-light and abunch of other important things are..

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Don't know if you found your problem already, but I had the same thing (intermittently) and it was soooo simple (after the fact, of course)...I hate to tell you how long it took to find the problem. Turned out that the problem was caused by my tilting the wheel to make room for my larger-than-it-should-be gut. The steering column cover was slightly loose...in the right place but not locked together. So, they would rub on the emergency flasher switch pulling it out just enough to disconnect the turn signal circuitry but not enough to turn on the flashers. Of course, when I would stop to try and "catch it" failing, I'd tilt the wheel the other way so I could get out and the switch would be pushed in by the collar rubbing it again and the problem would disappear. I removed the cover and enlarged the hole for the flasher switch a bit to prevent future rubbing if the cover ever came loose again and replaced it and made sure the two sections locked together. Voila! Even though I have gained even more weight, nary a problem. Hope this helps!

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hank and others,
thanks for your responses. Yes i found the problem or i should say a rv repair service found it for a small (not) fee. turned out to be the signal switch itself which isn't real expensive but replacing it can be. lots of labor tearing out steering wheel and replacing. Oh well it works now. YEA!

Now for the new problem!!!! my wife (really) turned on our trace 2000 while pluged in to shore power and it blew what i call the transfer switch. switches from genset to shore power. now i can't find a replacement. any help out there for this problem? please!
it's an older one and i'm sure trace is shot but i would at least like to be able to use the genset and can't now. shore power only IF i mess with the switch. thanks

mike (ironsides) foster

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FYI-i found the transfer switch. it is called a double throw switch. mine is a c-42-a212-600-e available from american solenoid co inc. in somerset,n.j. brand is kraus&naimer. this is the only place in the u.s. that i could find the replacement. $232.20 plus shipping. now i just have to put it on. @^$%%#*&^!

ironsides

------------------