Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Getting at Master cylinder on P30
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Getting at Master cylinder on P30
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I just realized that I have never seen this addressed here. On the Euro I always thought the master cylinder was placed by a German Mercedes engineer. Almost impossible to get to without removing the front wheel and cowling. I could get at it through the doghouse but it was so far in there it was almost impossible to add fluid. When I bought the 79, Richard informed me that if I had just lifted up the carpet under the gas pedal, there is a removable plate right above the cylinder. 14 years of fighting with that thing and it never occurred to me to look! Maybe this will go into our archives and save somebody some time in the future.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Definitely not an easy to service item on the Regal either. head bang
With the AC gone it can be reached from inside with long arms. Easiest is with the tire off from underneath. I don't think there is a hole in the floor, that might be nice. Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
My master cylinder is right under the drivers seat pedestal. I can barely reach it from the dog house, cut arms!! I am working on my brakes right now and I dread the time when I have to bleed the system and replace fluid!! Maybe I can do it when the wheel is off!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
On my 1981 Euro it is under the oval floor panel between the steering column and the seat. I don't have to reach anywhere. 4 screws and a screwdriver.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
My P30 chassis is an 81 I guess I had better take a closer look, I hope I have the same opening, I did not see it before when I checked though. When I changed the master cylinder a year ago I did it from underneath and the doghouse. I wonder if there is a difference between the 350 and 454 engine set ups?

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Nope: the MC is attached to the hydroboost that is on the frame independent of the engine. We once had a 79 brand X on the P30 chassis and it was in the same place and that coach was a 454.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom and Julie:
Nope: the MC is attached to the hydroboost that is on the frame independent of the engine. We once had a 79 brand X on the P30 chassis and it was in the same place and that coach was a 454.

Should be the same then, I have hydroboost also..

P30 chassis
350 engine