Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Advance Auto & Shell Rotella
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Advance Auto & Shell Rotella
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted
Barthmobilers, yesterday I got an email from Advance auto with a sale on shell rotella with a coupon with 30% off making the 5 gallon for $48. Sign up for their specials. Great savings at times. Also got 3 cans of sea foam for $5. Sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! Make sure it's Rotella T. Rotella is for NA engines (Mainly DD x53, x71, x92, etc.)

Good price on SeaFoam.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sky:
Also got 3 cans of sea foam for $5. Sky

WOW! That is a stunning price on a great product. I have had great results in all my small engines with it.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
What's sea foam?

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard_Muise:
What's sea foam?

It is advertised as a gas or oil cleaner-upper and gas stabilizer.

I was introduced to it when my Honda generator was cranky and would only run with partial choke. A camping neighbor said the idle jet was clogged from sitting. He put of Seafoam in my gas. Within a few minutes, it started to run better, and was running perfectly in perhaps 20 minutes.

I have seen this repeated several times with my own stuff and others. Now, if my memory does not fail me, I put some in the last tank of any small motor before I store it. They start better later.

It is also touted as an oil cleaner-upper, but I have not used it for that, so no first-hand info. I think I would use it if I had a lifter noise or suspected coked oil rings. Modern oils seem to keep engines pretty clean.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok, where is RUSTY the oil guy? Should small engines always use single viscosity oil or is multi-viscosity acceptable???

Viscosity requirements are part of the design specs. Always use the manufacturer's recommended.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Rusty, it was rotella t 15w 40 hd. Bill, had the same thing on an outboard, marina wanted $300 to repair, put one can in 6 gallon of fuel before i ran out of fuel, it cleared up and ran great. Sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Techron (By Chevron) is also an excellent fuel system cleaner.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke