Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Bad Sony Camera
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bad Sony Camera
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted
My Sony model SSC-520AM camera appears to by dying. In cold weather, when I turn the monitor on. the picture flips horizontally and is all garbled (much like myself in the morning). As the day gets warmer, it works perfectly. I don't think the monitor is bad because it does not flip when I set it to the B channel.
Anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement for this black and white camera?
Thanks!

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
FWIW - Between buying a new camera from Sony & getting my monitor repaired a few years ago, I spent more than the cost of a good, new color camera system.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Richard there was someone at the DC gathering that was trying to give a used working sony away, I cannot remember whom it was but some one here might chime in on it. Sky

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Hi,

That would be great. Please let me know if there's anyone I can contact.

Richard

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
That was Lenny.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted Hide Post
Richard go here and contact Lenny and Judy and see if some one took it. sky

Sony

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I sent them a message. Thanks for the info. Richard

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted Hide Post
i will send it up for postage
lenny 1 239 659 1672
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
Lenny has the monitor and I need the camera (SOny SSC-520AM).

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Richard call these folks. Super helpful. I got a camera from them. rvcams
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I removed the defective camera from my coach yesterday. I had to remove your Allen screws from the side of the case (2 on each side). Then I had to pry out the rubber gromet on the coach. Then I had to go inside the coach and remove the four screws from the access panel in middle of my back cabinet. The connector between the camera and the extension wire is taped together there. If anyone needs to do this, I have the original installation instructions for my camera.