Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    When to buy tires
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

When to buy tires
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard_Muise:
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
How long the coach sits without moving means more than miles or age. A weekly drive keeps tires nicely blooming, and avoids the stress of sitting with the same spot on the sidewall being distorted.

I wipe mine down every so often with BFG Age Master, too. back in the days of rubber de icer boots on airplanes, I got a real education on what it can do for rubber.

Where do you get that product???

It is available from aviation suppliers. It was originally developed for inflatable rubber de icer boots on the leading edges of piston airliners and bombers. The advent of jet engines provided an abundant supply of hot air to heat the leading edges, so nowadays, only older or smaller aircraft use rubber boots. It has found its way into other uses as a general rubber preservative. I have always owned Jaguars, and I an other owner have found it to be excellent in preserving British rubber. I really don't know if it is better than 303 or some of the other products out there because I still have a supply of it, which I bought as surplus when my airline stopped using it.

Give it a Google and read other opinions and maybe find some prices. HERE is one site.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I use Bridgestones all round.

R250F 245/70R19.5 LR G up front for a little extra safety.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post