Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Windshield Availability Update
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Windshield Availability Update
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Daddo
posted
When we bought our '83 Euro we knew it would need at least a driver's side windshield so this week I've been reviewing the windshield information here and calling glass suppliers. To make a long story short the inventory levels of DW731 and DW730 (yes, the Euro uses the same glass as the Regal) windshields are near zero except for a supplier referred to as "coach" by my local glass guy who has bought up as much remaining inventory on this glass as possible and has jacked the prices through the roof. He says Coach is a glass supplier that specializes in RV's

I checked with Guardian Glass on Monday who said they had a DW731 in stock for $100. On Wednesday it was gone. My local glass guy was able to find both pieces of glass from different suppliers who had 1 left as well as a new windshield gasket for $190 from "coach" and we'll be getting both pieces installed with a new gasket for about $800.

The information I found in other posts here at Barthmobile indicating that the DW730 and DW731 fit GMC cabover trucks, specifically the GMC Aluminum Cabover (1980's) was critical in allowing my local glass shop to source the glass. These trucks are scarce now and are no guarantee that the glass we need will continue to be available.

If you plan to keep your Barth and you think you might need a windscreen at some point better buy it now. I'll attempt to get a gasket part number and supplier specifics when the stuff comes in at the glass shop.

83 28' Barth "Euro"
Chevrolet 454
P-32 Chassis

Posts: 34 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 09-14-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daddo:
The information I found in other posts here at Barthmobile indicating that the DW730 and DW731 fit GMC cabover trucks, specifically the GMC Aluminum Cabover (1980's) was critical in allowing my local glass shop to source the glass.
I believe you were referring to this post.

Although my initial image on this showed a 1988 unit... All of these are the same glass.

From the safelite website it appears these windshields are around $300 each now.

GMC (Not GMC Truck) Shows a date range of 1988-1969
Chevrolet Shows a date range of 1981-1970

Then the next search criteria is ALUMINUM TILT CAB
quote:
Originally posted by Daddo:
I'll attempt to get a gasket part number and supplier specifics when the stuff comes in at the glass shop.
Yes, this I would like to know.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
Mill Supply AKA Rust Repair has a lot of miscellaneous parts, including replacement windshields for Breakaways, which I am told are the same windshield that is used on a Chevy Utility Van.

http://www.millsupply.com/

This is the only place we found replacement parts for our windshield wipers. They were also VERY inexpensive (It cost more for shipping than the parts).

Hope this helps.

Carl Feren

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post