Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    loose headliner
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

loose headliner
 Login now/Join our community

<kathdail>
posted
I have a 1991 Barth with a loose head liner where the first air-heat conditioner is attached .I believe the glue has loosened from the heat and now there is sagging cloth hanging , as a bellows .Is there anyway to reattach this? Otherwise I will have to replace the entire headliner thru out the motor home . Phone 1-573-873-1090 (call collect ) or e,mail . Thanks Fred

------------------
Fred Schekorra

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I would like to think that my web site is widely read, however, that is wishful thinking. I relayed your request to a few other web sites that are much more widely read (like almost all of them). Here are some of the responses....

The first is from Warpath major@oh.verio.com
Dave -
If it is just a material type headliner than the spray tack type glue would probably work well. If it is more of a board type liner and you really want that sucker to stay up there, try a tube of PL-400. You will need to support the ceiling for a while with props until it drys. I use to have a Marble, Tile & Granite biz and we used that on everything from granite fireplace surrounds, to all types of board material stuck to ceiling & walls. That stuff when cured will hold a house on the foundation during a hurricane. You should be able to find it at any of the hardware stores.

The second is from Barry alohaalley@aol.com
Headliners

Dave, assuming you have the fabric type headliner, spots can be re-glued. Be sure to use a clear spray glue, not a yellow one. The yellow will show. Some have used a razor knife to slit the fabric and spray the glue in that way. The cut will show slightly when re-glued in place. If you can get a syringe with a large guage needle, spray the glue in a cap or some container and draw it into the syringe then inject it into the loose area. In both cases, wait a few minutes for the glue to start to set up befor pressing the fabric in place. A rolling pin works well for this.

This next one is from Alan J. Read alanjreed@cs.com

Had to do that on a previous coach. Used contact cement that comes in a spray can. Had to remove a light or two from the ceiling so I could reach all the debonded areas.

I know this isn't much, I will pass on any additional info I get. I have not had this problem but I am sure I will. Do you have the cloth type headliner or the vinyl??

Dave

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited October 30, 2001).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post