Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1991 regency
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1991 regency
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted
Ihave a dent just ahead of docking light and just above floor leavel. whatis under the skin another sheet or what? the body shop wants to know what they are up aganst. Iknow there is a lot of wires on inside and and told about that

1991 regency 300 cat 9kw genset

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lloyd Knudson:
whatis under the skin another sheet or what?
I had my 91 interior gutted and found a layer of insulation and a barrier seal. There are several frame supports. There are a lot of wires inside the support so be carefull.

Below is some pictures that was taken out of a 92. If you buy one of Daves cd's you will find more info in it about the Barth construction and pictures.

Go to this posting and click on the pics for a bigger/better view. Interior shots

I've noticed a lot of new members on this site in the last few weeks. Must be that spring fever taking hold.

Welcome to the site. If your one of the many guest that frequent this site why not sign up and say hi.

Dave (head Barthmobile honcho) Bowers has a Barth CD that's full of valuable info, brochures, tech tips, specs, wiring diagrams, pictures of other Barth's and a lot more. A very valuable guide for a novice or a mechanic.

There is also a "Barthmobile Cafe" of neat shirts, mugs, keychains, hats etc...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
Bill Ihave Daves cd and constuction pictures and it looks like there is a sheet of aluminium then the outer skin.

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
has any one ever saw whats under out side sin on 91 regency. pertaning to my last post. Bill NY told me to get Daves cd which I have but found no cross section. HI Bill NY I am a member and thanks for your info on 3208 cat. I have always used dello 400 ii that not as good as shells product

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have always used dello 400 ii that not as good as shells product
Yes Lloyd, that is a good motor oil. I just like to use the Shell Rotella T. I have not had any problems with it. Several of my customers use the the Delo 400 oil without problems. Chevron Delo 400, Mobil Delvac 1300, and Shell Rotella are made from pure Group II oils.
quote:
HI Bill NY I am a member and thanks for your info on 3208 cat.
Your welcome, I'm glad I could help you.
quote:
has any one ever saw whats under out side sin on 91 regency. pertaning to my last post.
I gave you a picture up above but maybe you have another question that I'm just not getting. I had some of my walls down. The picture that you see below is what it looks like. The only thing you don't see here is a layer of yellow insulation and then the interior panel. There are a lot of wires running back and forth in the front and middle third of my coach. The back half had fewer wires.

It's a layer of "aluminium skin" that is "buck riveted" onto "aluminum studs" and then sprayed with some undercoating sealer (sound deadening maybe?) spray. The wires run front and back - up and down and are 120v and 12v. There is insulation and then an interior panel is attached to that.

If you click on this link (click here) it will take you to pictures of some of the interior work that I did. I was working so much that I forgot to keep taking extra pictures.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to try and help you out.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
Bill NY I think what you are telling me is the skin is rivited to frame. I thought maybe their was a sub wall under the skin because when you push on it it feels like something under it. I did look at your coach what a beautifull job.