Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Aux heater
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Aux heater
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Help! I have a 1987 Barth with the Chev 454 and it has the Aux. heater that has water lines running from the engine, that part I understand, but why do the water lines also run thru the domestic water water heater? Does the engine water aid in heating the water heater tank as well?

kenpartney@sbcglobal.net

Posts: 21 | Location: Oak View, Ca. | Member Since: 09-23-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I had my Euro for 2 years before I even knew it had this feature. We got to our park in Bama and I opened the hot faucet by mistake and nearly scalded myself Red Face. Mine will keep a fair amount of water pretty warm overnight. I figure that it increase the volume of water cycling through the system, it provides hot water for doing the dinner dishes on travel days without firing up the LP, so as long as doesn't leak or cause any problems it's all good.
I'm not sure what you mean by Aux. water heater. Are you refering to a 110 unit that heats the water for extreme cold weather starting?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
I have the same setup on my 86 Regal. It is a great option to have hot water after driving. Saves on propane for hot water. Mine Y,s off of hoses going to rear aux heater.

Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Daddo
posted Hide Post
I found this feature on our Euro also. Unfortunately, a previous owner has disconnected the system. I'll probably get around to hooking it back up but not until most of the other bugs are worked out. This is a pretty low priority item.

83 28' Barth "Euro"
Chevrolet 454
P-32 Chassis

Posts: 34 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 09-14-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post