Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Allison Trans mission Fluids
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Allison Trans mission Fluids
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/10
Picture of sky
posted
what is the take on this URL on allsion website? Is this saying that Dextron is not suitable any more? Thanks Ray

Allison Trans

1990 Barth Regency
32RDGB1 Wide Body
3208 Cat 250 HP
Gillig Chassis
Center aisle

Posts: 454 | Location: Murphy, NC | Member Since: 03-01-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
In an effort to improve the longevity of these transmissions, Allison has changed their recommendations.

All of our current service trucks use the Allison Approved Synthetic fluid.

The last truck we had (sold) with the regular type fluid is still going strong with 270k miles and the Standard Dextron Fluid using the recommended change intervals.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Ray, sometimes ignorance is bliss. I just changed my tranny fluid and filter. Put in 18 qts of Dextron III. worked for the first 122,000 miles I bet it will work for another 100,000 or so. I am with Bill. Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
for years at waste management we used 10w40 eng. oil then dextron then transend havent seen mutch of a diff between them 3 4 years to o/h mutch more severe service with yhe barths i would say dextron should be fine if you can swing it syn might give you peace of mind in mountins and towing carl

Posts: 14 | Location: n.c | Member Since: 04-30-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Transynd is supposed to, 1. make the tranny shift smoother. ( it did in my 644) 2. run cooler. ( can't tell, mine runs cool anyway because i have 2 large tranny coolers.) 3. cost less in the long run because even though it is more expensive up front, your service interval is greatly extended. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post