Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Proper tire rotation for a Barth with rear duals
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Proper tire rotation for a Barth with rear duals
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Looking for the proper way to rotate 22.5 tires with outside aluminum wheels.

Posts: 29 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 03-21-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
We put 40,000 miles on our last coach with 22.5 tires and never rotated the tires . The tires still looked new after all those miles . Tooling Along

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 624 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I have never rotated my tires either. I suspect the fronts would show uneven wear if one does a lot of cornering but running down the road it has not been an issue for us. I've got about 20,000 miles on them now.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5174 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Probably not a good idea to rotate radial tires. a swap front to back is what is normally done but probably not necessary on an RV, few of us wear them out they die from age.

Funny we should have a tire thread , just looked at my spare and it had a big ole bulge in it. IT was a tube type tire and had an oval opening for the valve stem. could not find a stem to fit it or the correct size tube tire. Had to buy a rim and tire...

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2052 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
About 3 years after putting new tires on the camper I did a midwinter check and found a shredded carcass on the spare carrier. It had good tread and I probably didn't re tire it ( Big Grin ) in previous updates, gotta check the codes. No code was to be found, only remnants of tire and cover. Would that I had replaced all 5 savings wouid be the result, price nearly doubled.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post