Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1985 Barth Regal 28 FT
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1985 Barth Regal 28 FT
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi everyone! I am super stoked to finally own this Barth. The PO had it in my RV park for 4 years and I coveted it and he finally sold it to me Big Grin
So I have an issue with the running lights, the wires are gummy and have many bare spots,,, Frowner Please if anyone has a 12 Volt wiring schematic for the 1985 Barth Regal 454 on a Chevy frame tell me what I gotta do to get it.
Thank you ALL in advance. Mahalo

Posts: 3 | Location: Port Aransas Texas | Member Since: 04-01-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site and good luck with your classic coach!

A while back I submitted this 1986 GM wiring diagram. It should be identical to your 85. Your engine will be on the LE8 pages.

http://truckroadservice.com/ba...ts/86_P30_wiring.pdf

It is a schematic that includes only the GM chassis wiring, not the entire coach but it should be helpful for running lights. It had large pages which I had to scan in pieces. If you print the pages there you can overlap them and get the full sized pages. It is much easier to read that way.

The clearance lights on the coach are tapped into the GM running lights. The power is taken from the headlight switch, runs through the rocker switch on the left side of the instrument panel, then out to the coach clearance lights. The rocker switch on the panel allows you to flash the clearance lights like the big boy trucks.

Good luck. Try the search feature here on the site for other references. Feel free to ask questions. I had an 86 Regal and posted a number of projects here.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much Steve VW! I was wondering if you have a VW Smiler I have a 1972 Westy

Posts: 3 | Location: Port Aransas Texas | Member Since: 04-01-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I do have a 1971 that I pull behind my coach. I have towed it for over 2 years now.

Actually the Steve VW thing is a coincidence. (The VW is an abbreviation for my long last name.) I had several bugs in the 60's but this is my first bus. There is more discussion here:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/7003910387

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome ! I love the VW