Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Hot water pressure issue
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hot water pressure issue
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
Son just got old bertha out of storage and went to the campground... main issue is very little pressure coming from the hot water side. Lots of cold water pressure. where does the split happen between the cold water supply and the water that goes to the hot water tank.. He says he tried all combinations of the bypass valves on the hot water tank bu no increase on pressure.. Where do I look next? Smiler

Russell and Donna
1988 GM 454 powered 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Corey Noble might know what to look for... He fixed this issue on Carl Flack's Barth at the Florida GTG a few months back. mechanic

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
From what I recall on Carl's Barth, I found several shut offs under the kitchen sink that were pretty well hidden. Perhaps Carl remembers exactly, but I followed the lines and they were under a drawer so not at all obvious. I simply turned on the hot water shut off. It must have been off forever, but we got lucky and it turned without any forcing.

I was a hero in Carl's eyes for a few minutes anyway! Had I run an RV dealership I would have had to keep it in the garage for a few hours and make up some elaborate story of the difficulties ROTFLMAO Just kidding, but it does point out that many fixes are either a) simple logic, b) trial and error, c) dumb luck. I specialize in dumb luck D'oh

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
I remember it well. Since I'm left handed (and left minded)I didn't check the right side of that big dark hole under the sink. Thanks to Cory, Betty had hot water to do the dishes............

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're planning on going out to the site this week.. will check out under the sink and drawers- hope it is that the problem -- thanks again

Russell and Donna

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Russell,

I suggest you make a written list of things to check when you're there. I have found that it is way too easy to forget half of my mental checklists when I am trying to force recall.

Another thing that popped into my head on your hot water pressure issue, are you sure the hot water tank is fully charged with water? Could it have drained down and what you're experiencing is air purging from the tank?

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it was drained when we put it away last year ... hadn't thought about it needed burped -- i'll open the pressure relief valve next time we're there

thanks

Russell and Donna