Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Couple of Issues
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Couple of Issues
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
I'm totally amazed at the amount of knowledge out there in forum land concerning the Barths. I've put about a thousand miles and one camping trip on it so far and so far its been great. I'm getting ready for next year and so far have done : a complete tuneup - plugs and wires; radiator flush; transmission service, filtes and oil; front wheel bearing repack; Brakes inspected and checked; replace broken exhaust bracket bolts. Seems to run a lot better and definately quieter. Still trying to sort out a couple of issues that need attending to over the winter.

1. - My 3-way refrig (RM 3801) stays on propane all the time - no ac or 12v operation - so far I've determined that - a.) I'm getting AC to the board, b.) The ac heating coil has about 40 ohms of resistance. Haven't determined if the switch panel on the refrigis at fault or where the AC switch comes onto the board. The refrig ft panel shows the AC lamp lit but nothing happens The board drawing from the web are not clear enough. I would hate to buy a $200 board only to find out its not bad.. Not really concerned about the 12v mode of operation - yet..

2. After reading post/response about the AUX START switch on the dash, I tried it yesterday. Turned on the ignition switch and pressed the AUX SW. I heard a clunk some where but that was all. I hear the clunk every time I press the switch , but thats all that happens.

3. Dash guages - I have a light out in one guage and the water temp guage is inop. The GMC dealer stated the sending unit appears ok and the problem is probably in the dash. As this is a single piece of material, how do you remove the guages. Do they come out the front? I've located a source for replacement guages ~$40 each.

4. I also have a rotary switch on the right side of the dash marked SPEED? Any idea what this controls? Its next to the roof spot light switch

Dave - How does one attach a photo to a post?

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 2-way refridge only works on LP. Found out that the installers either removed the original 120V or there never was one. :-(

That AUX switch parallels the coach batteries and the engine battery (I think). If the engine is reluctant to turn over, depress the AUX and hit the starter again.
(Take this for what it's costing. I'm a total rookie here, but tried the AUX thing yesterday when the engine was slow to crank over and she spun like a new top.)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post