Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Centramatic Wheel Balancers
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Centramatic Wheel Balancers
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Use anti seize compound on the studs. Never have a problem taking them off again (air gun or torque wrench)
Also check out www.tru-bal.com
Centering pins for mounting wheels with drum (only work on pilot hubs).

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Over the last 18 years and over 2 Million miles we came to the conclusion that the Michelin XZA3+ is the best steer tire and well worth the money. Long lasting smooth running, 11R24.5 getting over 200,000 miles. Had Firestones, Yokohamas, Kellys and Goodyear.

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
My Centramatic balancers arrived today. Fairly simple design, a flat disc with a tubular circumference. If you hold them flat and tip them you can feel the weights moving around the outer tube. They install easily between the dual rear wheels. mechanic

First remove the outer wheel.

Install the Centramatic with the hole lined up with the valve stem.

Replace the outer wheel. Torque lug nuts to spec.

Ready to road test tomorrow! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I stopped by Centramatic yesterday. GREAT people to deal with. Their 6 bolt Budd 19.5 style wasn't quite right so they used my coach as a model. Was there about 4 hours.

Did not remove any weights just added the balancers on all 4 wheels. Drove about 6 hours and all I can say is WOW, what a difference. It took the rumble out of the coach from 65 to --. Now all I feel is the road irregularities.

They do not have 22.5 6 bolt Budd balancers and I believe they do not have the 5 bolt P-30 front balancers. It has to be difficult to keep up with all the various wheel styles. The market demand would certainly have an influence on what they make and stock.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Bravo! Mother Nature has stalled my test drive, I will report soon. I was very happy with the people at Centramatic also, very helpful.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
This was rude… I still haven't had a chance to test drive… The leaves are't even down yet! head bang

Looks like we just switched from "30 days of rain" part, to the "11 months of winter" Frowner

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
I stopped by Centramatic yesterday. GREAT people to deal with. Their 6 bolt Budd 19.5 style wasn't quite right so they used my coach as a model. Was there about 4 hours.

Did not remove any weights just added the balancers on all 4 wheels. Drove about 6 hours and all I can say is WOW, what a difference. It took the rumble out of the coach from 65 to --. Now all I feel is the road irregularities.

They do not have 22.5 6 bolt Budd balancers and I believe they do not have the 5 bolt P-30 front balancers. It has to be difficult to keep up with all the various wheel styles. The market demand would certainly have an influence on what they make and stock.

So this is something I have been thinking about for a while. And now Ed you are telling me they don't make them to fit mine? head bang

Oh yeah Steve it hasn't snowed in Minnesnowta yet!! Sorry

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
You're not getting off that easy! Where do you think this snow CAME from? HUH?

Bloody cold northwest wind right out of the plains, I say… We got 5.7 inches total nono

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Dana, according to the sales guy, they don't have any built up for 22.5 6 bolt Budd wheels. He thought the 19.5 model fronts would work but the rear would not have a cut out for the air stem access for the inner rear and most likely could not be modified because the diameter would be too small.

There are other manufacturers of dynamic wheel balancers so all is not lost yet.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Finally got a short test drive. Tires/wheels are now smoother than they have ever been. I will know better when I get back on the freeway. So far, very nice. Tooling Along

There is very little speed related vibration left, mostly just road vibrations. Thumbs Up

I am still chasing some load dependent vibrations in the driveline. Need to check motor mounts, etc.

to be continued.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Centramatic makes a driveline balancer too Wink

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
NEWS FLASH! FRONT P30 BALANCERS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!

I spoke to Jerry at Centramatic last week. It appears that the balancers for the 19.5" P30 front wheels are back in production after some delay.

They are not listed on the website but the part is #400-406. I ordered 2 sets, one for the front axle and one for the tag axle.

I will repost after I install and test them. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I got stalled waiting for a new valve spring so I went back to wheel maintenance. It was time to repack front wheel bearings, inspect brakes and grease the suspension. A perfect time to finally install the front wheel Centramatic balancers.

They go on in a snap. Next I will do the tag axle bearings, brakes and balancers. mechanic

I am hoping to have the heads back on in time for Minnesnowta. cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
transferring from another thread.. Tire poll...

Great thread here.. with excellent pic's enclosed..Any updates on this brand or other observations. Looking at something for my new tires coming early next month..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post