Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Ugh, HWH hyraulic line burst
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ugh, HWH hyraulic line burst
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted
Well coming back from Acadia we had a tire blow and it seems it also took out the rear hydraulic line for the HWH system as after replacing a worn front bearing I moved the Barth to find a really nice puddle of atf then traced it back. Question I have is I can't seem to find a part number for the hose. Also, curious if the hose is simply male threaded of if it has fittings on it as if it is male threaded I can probably source locally cheaper than a factory part. If it is male threaded does anybody know what the threads and diameter is? I realize I'd still need to get under it and get a length measurement but I don't have a jack rated high enough for it so will need to track down a friend who has a 3-5 ton jack to get it up so my gut can slight under there. If I'm just doing length I might be able to do it without sliding under.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Davis
posted Hide Post
I'll see if I can check mine and get back to you.

Posts: 46 | Location: Sanford,NC | Member Since: 10-19-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Would appreciate it. Can't quite get under enough to see the fittings on the end of mine since I'm low to the ground with 16" rims.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
[Search domain www.hwhcorp.com/ml24976.pdf

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Sweet Doug, thanks, any idea if that is a readily available fitting at a ag shop or rusco hydraulics?

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I think you will find they are common fittings. I replaced one a while back. I did not document it but my local auto store had one that worked.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
My NAPA store in Sweetwater, TN, makes hydraulic lines to match what you have. They have all the common fittings.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Being in Lancaster we have plenty of agriculture shops that do it, provided the fitting is common so that's why I was asking. I've started to remove the old one for a measurement on length. Seems mine must have been put on Friday afternoon post a nice long liquid lunch. The hose is at least 8 feet too long,simply hung up with zip ties around all kinds of electrics etc. Got the rear off but I'm gonna need to move the home to get to where it goes up front and put blocks under the front wheels to get at it. Looking at the way it was run I'm wondering if it was the cause of the tire failure rather than the tire failure chewing open the line as it was run on the outside of the suspension right by the wheel. At least now I'll get the front hose that has a slight drip replaced at the same time.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Good plan. BTW, do you still see that Barth in Dillsburg that I tried to buy 2 years ago?

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
No, it isn't there anymore. Last I heard about it they took it to Harrisburg Auto Auction and ran it a few times without any bites (my mom works there on sale days) but it isn't there anymore either.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benebob:
The hose is at least 8 feet too long,simply hung up with zip ties around all kinds of electrics etc.

Mine is the same way. Hoses way to long wrapped in a coil. Even my Allison MD3060 main cable is about 10 feet to long just wrapped in a clump and stuffed into an area behind the headlights.

They probably just bought one length of cables or hoses to use in all their lengths out to 40'.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Stopped in this am and they made up 3 on the spot. Got one for the rear that burst and two new front 18" long hoses as mine were in pretty bad shape and leaked out of the fitting a bit. Total cost was a little higher than I was thinking at 170 but they look like they should last 30 years. My guess is I probably could have ordered them from HWH for a little less as I priced the front one out last year and it was $30 plus shipping but all is good. Now it just needs to cool off before I will put 'em on.