Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Monarch rear shocks Bilstein
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Monarch rear shocks Bilstein
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
After a long delay, I am finally getting around to more projects on the Monarch.

I had one rear tire that had a rim leak, ran low and showed signs of damage, and one front that was showing uneven wear from tie rod play. I moved the good front tire to the rear axle and put two new steer tires on the front. The rear axle has matched tires, 5 years old with about 35,000 miles. Tread about half worn, good for a few more years. I put new Double Coin tires on the front. For the price they have served me well.

I have ordered a new tie rod assembly.
here: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...503974797#1503974797

Getting back to my gauge project I will run the cable from back to front to finally connect the new gauges.

The rear window I ordered will be here soon...

The rear shocks were leaking. They have at least 35,000 miles on them. I ordered new and will install soon.

Bilstein #24-015943

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I still need to install the tie rod assembly.

The rear window is installed and I am insulating the bedroom walls with styrofoam. I will put new laminate on the walls too.

Finally got around to installing the shocks. They were both leaking oil, one almost empty.

You will want a 28 mm deep socket and an impact wrench. The bottom mount is a stud, easy to get to and remove. The top mount is a bolt that goes through the frame. You will have to get underneath to put a wrench on the bolt head while removing the nut.

Posts: 5177 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post