Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    KOHLER MODEL 7CCKM LP GEN-CHANGE FILTER
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

KOHLER MODEL 7CCKM LP GEN-CHANGE FILTER
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
If I have to replace regulator does it have to come from a Kohler dealer? If not, any suggestions where I would buy a new one?

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway/3116 Cat/ Allison 5 speed/ Gillig

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Do you have any numbers on the regulator? If it is a Beam regulator, they can be gotten fairly inexpensively on the "net".

Does it look like this?

This is a place you might be able to get some info from.

regulators

I haven't gotten over to the small engine shop but will try to do it tomorrow.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went to the small engine shop today.

They have all the manuals but without the series number or serial number he could only guess what exact part(s) you have/need.

He says there is no filter per se. There is a high pressure reduction unit and a demand regulator. The carburetor is not a carburetor, it is just a butterfly valve and propane port. (it is called a carburetor in the manual but looking at one it has nothing resembling a carburetor.)

Numbers for the units.

High pressure reduction unit 278889
Demand regulator A227531

their feelings there is that the diaphragm in the demand regulator is shot or contaminated with oil. One other possibility is some critter has built a plug in the opening of the regulator to the outside air. I explained that the unit would run under full power for about 15 minutes but he said it is still possible to have a plugged opening causing the problem.

I didn't check your previous writings, did the regulator frost over?

If you could get me the serial numbers or generators series number, I could confirm the part numbers that my be in question.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
Didn't notice the regulator frosting over...I will check for the serial number and or series number of the genset tomorrow. Thanks for your help on this...

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
Kohler Model 7CCKM22 Serial # 336540. Regulator is a Garretson KN. Guess I'll try Ebay and if not, go on the net for a replacement.

Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners

posted Hide Post
OK, I will check my guy tomorrow. In the mean time here are some links to regulator sources for the Garretson regulators.

reg source

Reg source 2

Reg source 3

If you call one of these sources, I am sure they can help you trouble shoot with the symptoms you are observing.

HTH

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
This is a liquid propane generator. The filter is a pain to change because you need to remove the front mounting plate. 6 large bolts.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beeoh:
Kohler Model 7CCKM22 Serial # 336540. Regulator is a Garretson KN. Guess I'll try Ebay and if not, go on the net for a replacement.

I have an brand new extra manual. I paid $15 plus shipping for it and I'l sell it for that. Let me know if you want it.

Rick

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I got mine from Kohler.
quote:
Originally posted by beeoh:
If I have to replace regulator does it have to come from a Kohler dealer? If not, any suggestions where I would buy a new one?

Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
No,

My regulators on on the generator. I'll send pics tomorrow.
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Do you have any numbers on the regulator? If it is a Beam regulator, they can be gotten fairly inexpensively on the "net".

Does it look like this?

This is a place you might be able to get some info from.

regulators

I haven't gotten over to the small engine shop but will try to do it tomorrow.

Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I think I solved the filter problem. IMPCO makes a model f-830 LP gas filter. It has about 2000 percent larger filter area than what Kohler offers. I will mount it above the generator and remove the kohler filter.