Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Confused??-- P-30 or P-32?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Confused??-- P-30 or P-32?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
HI Gang, First off Dave, I just wanted to say that your site is great, and very informative,and is a wealth of knowledge, and to remove it(as you said after my last reply) would be a sin to all of us Barth owners!!! I enjoy coming back and checking out the latest postings. Now my question...I`ve had my 1986 Barth Regal "25" for about three years now, and was looking through some paperwork that came with it..(A very interesting notebook with all the manuals, and BARTH RANGERS NOTES from the late 80`s till the early 90`s.) and a guy stated at a Ranger seminar(Branson, Missouri-Oct.23,1990 seminar #15) that for front end allignment for a chevy 454 chassis you must use P-32 specs, NOT p-30, he claimed that the P-30 chassis were for their "Bread and cookie trucks". ....I would like for someone to clear me up on this matter, as i`m about due for an allignment. Also anyone interested in a copy of my notebook stuff, e-mail me, and i`ll try to copy, and send. thanks, jim

Posts: 23 | Location: millville, n.j. | Member Since: 10-28-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
There are many opinions on alignment. I installed an IPD bar and had my alignment done to their specs. Go to www.ipdusa.com and ask them. If they can't help, let me know, andI will look for the sheet when I am home again.
BTW, every P30 needs Bilsteins, IPD and either heavier springs or the leaf spring helper Camping World sells. You should do this before having the alignment done. Have a truck shop do it.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can clear up all the confusion concerning model numbers very easily just go to your nearest Chevrolet or GMC dealer and have him explain it to you. It is all found in the front of a dealers parts book. As I recall P30 refers to the GVWR rating of the vehicle Models 32 and 42 are the configuration of the chassis depending on its intended use One is for upfitting with van bodies ie bread trucks and the other for motor home chassis. I never could remember which was which so had to look when it was needed. I hope this will clear it all up for you
Roger

Posts: 8 | Location: St.Paul, MN USA 55116-1707 | Member Since: 12-10-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my previous reply I stated you should go to your nearest dealer for clarification of numbers. When you go be sure to bring the entire chassis serial number he caan then tell you the brake rating and other info also

Posts: 8 | Location: St.Paul, MN USA 55116-1707 | Member Since: 12-10-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post