Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Brake caliper source?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Brake caliper source?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
The shop that just worked on my front end, cut the rotors,renewed brake pads replaced all wheel bearings and brake lines said they got most of their info from Freightliner. Not sure who supplied the parts but it sure handles great....

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
Rusty, on the inside of the door for the generator there is plate with the front and rear axle numbers. by the way I just finished updating my profile. I had a computor screwup and lost all the pictures and had putting updating off hoping I could get new pictures.

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/12
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Creepy Cawler
posted Hide Post
Bill the number for the pads to fit the 242-9000
is UP7108M this is a NAPA number. The hose that I ended up using was a Raybestos BH380534. This hose takes some modifing. you have to take a mounting clamp off (no biggy) the biggest problem is the hole where the hose mounts to the caliper is not the right size for the mounting bolt. I had to drill out this hole to 7/16 Make sure you get all cuttings out.file copper washers to fit MAKE SURE EVERTHING IS CLEAN but worked fine. The right hose ordered from Spartan is 18024MF. If I was not in a hurry to get it back together I would order from them or now I've found a shop that will make one up Always after the fact!

Posts: 140 | Location: Freedom Pa. U.S.A | Member Since: 04-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I have used 'King Kaliper' http://kingkalipers.com/ just outside of Boston for several years. They do all work right there, American workers, etc. The Breakaway calipers are $125 each, front and rear, and they stock them. Do work for Boston Fire Dept, off road stuff. Good people. I know it's more than NAPA's $83 but knowing where it's done is important to me.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I replaced the front left caliper on my '92 Breakaway (Dana 60 front axle). Napa was my source for the caliper ($90). The new Napa part number is "CAL SE8552".

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post