Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    air tag axle
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

air tag axle
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I'm a new Barth owner
my unit was manufactured in nov 97
approx. 30 000 miles
37 '
Ford 460 power/ chassis (f53..? )
Granning air tag axle - rt500f53e
208" wb ...i think
i have a couple questions ..
when the air is inflated to axle..I have to keep the pump in the on posistion to maintain pressure..is this normal..?..if pump is not on ..air exhausts slowly,,
2nd question
can the pressure to the tag be adjusted manually or other wise to compensate for a heavier payload towards the rear of the coach ?..ie ..to prevent her arse from dragging...lol
on the vehicle id plate..along with vin. # & gwvr etc..unit refered to as a "multi -pupose vehicle"..is this still considered a motor home ?
It was used as a promotional vehicle & is going to be refitted and used as a Luxuary Lounge Limousine ..with seating for 10 people..
I appreciate any & all advice
thanks
steve

Posts: 2 | Location: ontario Canada | Member Since: 11-17-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I can only speak for California, but if it has bed, toilet, sink, stove etc, it is a "House Car", which is California legalese for Motor Home.
Your state may vary. Check with highway patrol or dept motor vehicles for your state.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited November 21, 2002).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks to our great member Bill Hennenberg I think I have a PDF for your tag axle suspension system and will email it to you.

As far as your ID plate is concerned, when that ID plate was made they had no idea whether that chassis would become a motor home or a FedEx delivery vehicle or a milk truck, thus the "multipurpose" designation.The Chevy P-30 chassis was one of the most widely used chassis for every kind of delivery truck as well as motorhomes.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I have some input from KY. I changed registration from Illinois to Kentucky. Before I could complete things at the courthouse, I had to have it inspected by the State Fire Marshall. In KY, motorhomes fall under the guide lines for manufactured housing and have particular requirements for safety reasons. Since this unit was manufactured as a very well built motorhome, I had no problems. As a limo, I would expect some requirements for passenger exgress in case of an accident. But that's just my opinion.

Posts: 175 | Location: Edgewood, KY, USA | Member Since: 08-26-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post