Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Storage Compartment Latches
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Storage Compartment Latches
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Bill H, a while back you posted a picture of your latches. Did you find a supplier for them? My Regency uses the same latch and I haven't had any luck finding replacements.
Thanks TimD

Posts: 21 | Location: Pine Island, Florida | Member Since: 08-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Tim, no luck. I should probably send a picture to Southco.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Oh, My Goodness. I think that is it. Thank you so much, Bill

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Wink Anytime...

It's a good thing that Tim D posted this as a thread instead of a "private message" to you. I don't remember your earlier post on this.

Bill N.Y.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Wink Anytime...

It's a good thing that Tim D posted this as a thread instead of a "private message" to you. I don't remember your earlier post on this.

Bill N.Y.

Yeah, that's the beauty of a forum like this. Everybody learns and everybody gets a chance to help. Smiler

posted Hide Post
Thanks to both Bills for thier help. I found the exact match at Illinois Lock. Thier part number is PH116. I called them, thier minimum order is $250 and 10 to 12 weeks delivery time, 15.54 each. I am probably going to make an order, if you need some I could include it in my order.

Posts: 21 | Location: Pine Island, Florida | Member Since: 08-01-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
That's 17 locks min! $264.18 will they all be keyed alike?

That "Illinois Lock" your reffering to is the second picture down in the first post.

Did you ask about a mounting gasket?

And the diagram on that is...

Specifications: Shorter pop-out handle lock typically used in vending applications.
Material: Zinc die cast cylinder,
Mechanism: Available in either a 5 Disc tumbler single bitted mechanism offering 200 combinations; a 7-pin tumbler mechanism utilizing a tubular key which offers over 750,000 combinations.
Operation: When unlocked, handle pop-out 1/2" allowing 90° rotation. Left or right rotation achieved by use of a universal stop plate.
Finish: Bright chrome is standard ­ other finishes available upon request
Studs: 1/2-20 threading is standard. Other studs are available. Contact factory for other stud requirements

The link for that page is here

Mail:
Illinois Lock Company
301 W. Hintz Road
Wheeling, IL 60090-5754 USA

Phone:
800-733-3907
847-537-1800

Fax:
847-537-1881

Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
just maybe your local lock smith would have info where to get them. I got extra barrel keys no problem so they still must make them I would think.

1991 regency 300 cat 9kw genset

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only need 12 but I don't need help making a mimnimum order, just making an offer. They will be keyed alike. I didn't ask about a mounting gasket, thought I would use a marine bedding sealant such as Boatlifes Lifecaulk.

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
IMHO, you're better off with gaskets than sealants.

Having used them for many years, I believe 3M 5200, or other urethane sealants are better than LifeCaulk. But once you stick something together with them, you won't get it off without damaging something.

There are RV sealants, including the old fashioned putty tape, that will do the job, at lower cost. Indeed there's a plastic tape that looks like the putty tape, that sticks very well.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
3M 4200 doesn't stick as tenaciously as 5200.

Sometimes I am able to use a thin flexible knife to separate a 5200 bond.

5200 RULES for awning repair. I saw a test in SAIL magazine where they repaired a sail and it was stronger than the material.

posted Hide Post
I currently work in a marine repair shop and am familiar with many sealants and have access to them so I will use what I have on hand that will do the job. I have repaired inflatable boats with 5200 and they have lasted for years.