Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Driver Seat
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Driver Seat
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of TJ
posted
In the process of cleaning up my battery compartment I have determined that my adjustable driver seat power is fed non-fused direct from the battery. Does anyone know the current rating of the typical Flexsteel seat?

Tom & Jillene

1988 Regal
28' Chevy 454
8805-3538-28C-B3

Posts: 190 | Location: Crystal River, FL | Member Since: 08-16-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello tom

this is ten -12 years later ,i am working on power seat in a 1991 barth regal and looking for the path of the power wire to the power seats . it is midnite so i cannot check now . looks like you say it comes direct from the batter compartment without a fuse ????? is this correct ??

jack finn 248xxxxxx789xxx3803

Posts: 65 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the wire is the fusible link? Hide

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS WILL KEEP TRYING TO FIND

Posts: 65 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I looked in my 1989 Oshkosh chassis manual at the wiring diagrams there. There is no mention of power seats anywhere in the electrical section. It would appear they were not factory equipment.

It is likely they were installed by Barth and there is no official record of how they were wired. Powered seats require plenty of power, probably in the range of 20-30 amps or so.

Good luck with your search.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks that explains at 10 gage wire

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Finn:
thanks that explains at 10 gage wire

Most during the late 80s's were Flex Steel. I know they show the power switches on there web sight. You might get hold of them for help.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just for info
i finally traced the wiring to the power seats . if anyone needs to know . my guess is most barths came with one power seat and it is wired to a through a 30 amp delayed fuse/switch to a " starter solenoid " looking thing up in front above the radiator . if you added a passengers seat powered it was a add on and its wire goes direct to the battery compartment , up top in back , through a 30 amp delay fuse ( napa has these fuses for $4.00) to the chassis battery .

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Isn't that special, Often wondered why Barth or GM used a solenoid to run the starter solenoid, Same on the Regal and the Euro AKA Nose.

The Regal power seats both Passenger and drivers are fused at the seat connection and both run directly to the chassis battery on two different wires. So they always have power, would like to find an ignition controlled source. They use a lot of amps so have to go through a relay. Euro has manually operated seats.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2046 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
an automotive engineer told me the seat motors have a very high " stall" rating for when they get jammed ( and /or have
a 300 # person pushing against the motor )therefore they are powerful and thus require a big 30 amp and time delayed fuse