Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Kwikee Lectro-Matic Step
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Kwikee Lectro-Matic Step
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted
Elect motor on step has quit. Has anyone had a repair done on this motor, they are now obsolete.

Posts: 63 | Location: Winona Lake, IN | Member Since: 04-18-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Here is Kwikee's tech site:

http://www.kwikee.com/Adocuments.html

There is a circuit relay switch inside the electric motor, at least there is on my Kwikee electric steps. The contacts of that switch will sometimes fail. I managed to make mine work for a while by removing the motor from the system and cleaning the contacts.

Check the brushes and commutator, too. Sometimes a cleanup will fix things. Commucators develop a glaze.

Kwickee uses a standard Ford power window motor from a 1990 Crown Vic left front. Take it to Autozone or NAPA and see if they can match it up. One replacement is a "Siemens" brand and carries part # WL43003 at Autozone or NAPA BK 6551834.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited November 21, 2005).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hi folks, i also have a problem with my kwikee steps...they seem to work ok when they "open", but they dont seem to want to retract when they should.....any tips?? thanks, jim

Posts: 23 | Location: millville, n.j. | Member Since: 10-28-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Is it drawing current when it is trying to retract?
Above all else, keep all the pivots lubricated. Dri Slide is good.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Again, I ususally only have part of the information. However, when my batteries are not "fully" charged, the first thing to suffer is my step. My RV Guru, explained to me that a I a full "float charge" to power my steps. The only thing I know is that I spent an hour cleaning and lubing that step and it made no difference. But when I plugged it in and came back the next day it worked slicker than sn**. snow?

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Dave, my steps work real well with the batteries at 50% in the morning.