Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Broken window.
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Broken window.
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Yesterday the county cleared out the drainage canal beside my house and the brush hog on a boom threw a chunk of wood right through the big side window right behind the drivers seat. I've filed a claim already but I was wondering if anybody can help me ID the window. The nearest good place to get it fixed is over 2 hours away and they say they need to see it in person to tell if they have a replacement or will have to order it. I have gorilla taped a piece of visqeen over the hole but the entire pane is shattered and I'm kind of scared to drive it any more than I have to. The name of the place I will be taking it to is Suncoast Designers in Hudson, Fl.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
quote:
ID the window

I am certain that in the 1980s, Barth used the Hehr brand of windows, with a dark oxide coating on the aluminum. Perhaps you have Hehr, not coated? Can you get a picture?
Matt

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Here's the hole.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Duct tape the window and make an appointment.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's the hole.

It might be a Hehr. It doesn't look like the frame is busted up. If it is a Hehr, the glass is replaceable, I think, without the frame being removed from the rig. You'll need the dimensions of the glass.
Matt

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your mishap! Put a ladder through a window on my Winnebago, before the Barth was in my life. Had just a local guy replace it with Plexiglas.

Just make sure they use Polycarbonate, not acrylic.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Danny, I have used Suncoast and can highly recommend them. They even have parking and hookups. So you can stay in the coach while the work is completed.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Who's the good lookin' guy taking the picture?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We're heading up to Suncoast this morning to get the window replaced. Taking provisions for a few days but hope we don't need them. I'll let you know how it goes.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We got up there yesterday morning and they pulled the whole window out, leaving us hanging around till about 3 before telling us they would have to special order the glass and it will take 7 to 10 days. They taped up a piece of cardboard over the hole and we decided to head home, but a nights stay at Hillsborough sounded like a good idea. [We're kinda liking this semi retirement stuff!] Too late to get a reservation and too late for them to take any money from us at the Ranger Station. Ranger Scott just let us in and gave us site 77. Went to the station this morning and he said he still couldn't take our money but a 20 would cover it and go to the park improvement fund. Back home now and have to return to Hudson next week to get the new window installed.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
You got an opportunity to go for a ride. You got to stay at Hillsboro. You got a start on you window fix. Not the worst case scenario but not the best. Keep the faith Danny!

You would think they would know if they had glass on hand to fix?

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1380 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Semi-retirement, semi-free night on the DNR, too bad about the window, but another trip might result in another free DNR night!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
They have to cut the glass before tempering. I had it done many years ago. Kinda forgot the whole thing but it did take a few days.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Over 2 weeks now and still no glass. The place that cuts it is down with Covid right now and they can't tell me anything. Not the end of the world but kind of discouraging.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Danny, I order glass all the time. Tempered would take about 2 weeks after they received pattern. They may only run tempered once a week. and a small order may take a few weeks get in the order stream. I bet your glass should be there soon, Good luck

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post