Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    84 barth 35 ' ? frame
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

84 barth 35 ' ? frame
 Login now/Join our community

<user2581>
posted
just bought 35' barth with 8.2 detroit
it is a pusher.trying to find out who made the chassie. the emblem in steering wheel
has the letters MCC.the motorhome i think is
a Regency 35RD. need to change tie rods and
brakes

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi User,

Welcome to the website and congratulations on the purchase of your Barth on an MCC chassis, I think....

Your MCC chassis was one of the most advanced chassis at the time. You motorhome sold for over $200,000.00 new. You have all air suspension and your coach should drive like a race car. The MMC chassis was originally owned by the FMC company. This is a Minneapolis Company famous for making the big canons on battleships.

If you look up FMC motorhomes you will find that they still sell for a fair price. They had a Dodge 440 engine pushing them. Barth started the manufacture on this chassis in 1982 I belive, and the coaches still looked like the FMC's long and sleak. Then in "83 I believe they started putting the standard Barth coach on the frame. These were the first Barth Regency's. Then at some point Barth bought the chassis company and changed the name to RPI, (Regency Products Inc.)They used this chassis until I think 1985 or 86 when they changed to Gillig chassis's for their Regency's and CAT engines.

Your MMC chassis is well known for the smooth ride and wide stance which makes it corner extremely well. The brakes and suspension were under built for the weight and so they failed often. Which brings up the major rub with these chassis, availability of parts. There is indeed only one place were you can get suspension and brake parts. That is from Motorhome Restorations in Lincoln, IL. 217-735-1536.

I have many times said that the folks that buy MMC chassis are the same folks that buy MG's. If you get them running well, you will have one of the best motorhomes available.

Best of luck, and keep us up to date on the adventure.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post