Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Barth Septic Drain fix..
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Septic Drain fix..
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
Yep, Windsor's backyard engineering show is back again.

Just prior to my recent vacation, I tackled the broken grey/black drain problem that my Barth had been suffering from.

Rigid mount, coupled with low positioning and bad departure angles meant that the current arragnment was a constant problem.

Last time I used the black, it was leaking sewage, not a way to be popular at the campground.

I found a way to add flexibility along with increasing ground clearance.

I put my job on imagestation for your perusal complete with notes.

Tell me what you think!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2104583946

Better an ugly Barth, than
a pretty Winnebago.

1987 Barth P-30 with 454
Former Hospital Board Room converted to coach by Barth in 1995.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Looks good!

Do you have air bags in back? With cockpit control, you can inflate them with full pressure when you think you might have clearance issues in back. I had one MH that had overhang issues, and I pumped up to 120 lbs before attempting some suspected clearance situations. I had a cheap compressor feeding a tee with a check valve and a bleeder for each bag.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Neat set-up!.....I just LUV it when backyard engineering solves life's problems.....

...Couldn't tell from the pics whether or not you had a hitch receiver....If so, you may want to consider one of those drop-down steel roller protectors....might add a little insurance against a severe grade change....Go to:

http://www.rvpartscenter.com/ProductDetail.asp?PID=2860...D=25&DID=109&CID=257

But a word of caution....Awhile back I seem to recall Billh telling a story on himself regarding a loss-of-traction/rear-end hangup situation that backed-up traffic to the Nevada line....(MY version...) That hitch roller would make that easier to accomplish.....Smiler

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
But a word of caution....Awhile back I seem to recall Billh telling a story on himself regarding a loss-of-traction/rear-end hangup situation that backed-up traffic to the Nevada line....(MY version...) That hitch roller would make that easier to accomplish.....Smiler

Yup. I shoulda had rollers. I put on a pair of rollers after that. The hitch rollers all took up valuable clearance, so I made a pair that fit on each side of the bumpers at the attach points, and grounded just before the receiver did.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Bill and Lee, thanks for the tip regarding the roller and the compressor. I will add those to the long list of things to do...lol

Better an ugly Barth, than
a pretty Winnebago.

1987 Barth P-30 with 454
Former Hospital Board Room converted to coach by Barth in 1995.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post