Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Excess Slop or Hysteresis in Duo-Therm Thermostat
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Excess Slop or Hysteresis in Duo-Therm Thermostat
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Rusty,
Many thanks!

best regards from,
Allan of Solvang

1996 22' Regal with the Chev. 454 gas engine

Posts: 42 | Location: Solvang, CA USA | Member Since: 07-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I just recently replaced my thermostats due to an electrical failure and the service dealer installed a new upgrade kit that dit]rectly replaces the one you have. It is Dometic PN 3307713.010 Upgrade Kit and it makes it completely electronic. We are travelling now and it is so much superior to the older push button and slide system you can't believe it. Installed in a few hours using the same ribbon cable. Automatically switches from cool to heat strip and it mounts in the same spot in the coach. The Actual Comfort Control Center is PN 3109228.001.
Highly recommended.
Tom K

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
quote:
PN 3109228.001

Hi Tom K,
Tom, many many thanks for your help. It is really great how much assistance is available from this website and fellow Barth owners !
And, the thermostat I now have is already all electronic, but it is from 1996 and my issue is with "slop" in that it goes "from heat to cold" and during cold nights I have to get up and readjust it frequently.
Thank you so much for the part numbers. I will investigate and hope that this new kit will be the "final answer."

best regards from,
Allan of Solvang

1996 22' Regal with the Chev. 454 gas engine

Posts: 42 | Location: Solvang, CA USA | Member Since: 07-31-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
My 4 button control had slop in the on/off switch. It would shut off at will. I could not buy a new one, the solution was to replace it with a new 5 button but that required two new circuit boards, etc.

I found a rebuilt at RV Chassis Master, thru a guy named Pete at RVadvice.com. He gets out of production old things and has them repaired and sells them. I paid $75 for the unit and it works good.

He did not have a rebuilt CVC112 back up camera however but he referred me to several other places to check but no luck. Nice guy.

Quick service

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post