Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Barth or BB :)
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth or BB :)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HeartBarths:

Also, could I ever legally tow the Barth with the Bus? Hey, plan for the worst, hope for the best! Haha. I know that seems really out there, but in worst case scenario...?

Thanks, all!

I’m not a Lawyer I will not touch that one. Can you pull your Barth with you Blue Bird? Yes is the short answer. There are specific things you need to do to be safe. Tow bar, brakes and lights are the major ones. Drive train considerations that I didn’t need to conform to.

I pulled my 72 with my 94. Couple hundred miles. I meet or passed 9 different law enforcement vehicles. None of them chased me down. Most was rural area. I was cruising 70 mph for much of that. Would I recommend it. No but it filled my need and got my 72 where it needed to go.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/21
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dana.

Hi Dana!

Sweet! I wondered about a tow bar, forgot about the lights and brakes! Isn't the country way to have someone in driver's seat of barth pumping brakes?! Kidding! Not sure that would even work w no engine? Right now, I would never attempt it, but good to have the info! Although, I probably will be attempting to pulling from yard w chains if the ground ever dries bc tow driver doesn't want to mess up yard.

This group is the best!! If anyone needs a place to stay in Delaware, I have driveway space!! Great sunsets here!

Appreciate you sharing your experience. I have pulled a 32 ft camper, but not with a bus!! LOL

Thanks again! Enjoy your day!

Barth & BB

Posts: 49 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 08-06-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
That’s funny because
My son came with me and believed he was going to be sitting on an upside down 5 gallon bucket and I would tell him when he had to hit the brakes. I hooked the brakes together. Yes the other brakes worked. Just harder push on the pedal.

Don’t pull far it can have drive train consequences

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
Don’t pull far it can have drive train consequences[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Yeah, just wanted to pull it from back to driveway! Ugh!! If only we didn't put it there!!

Ok, the bucket part confused me but guessing that was going to be second vehicle driver's seat?!

Posts: 49 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 08-06-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Sorry yes my 72 had been stripped. But it had new tires and brakes

My Monarch is on beam on my lawn I believe i will get it back to the driveway on Saturday. I believe it will be dried out enough by then. Wish me luck.

Then my backlog of projects start. But on solid dry ground.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
Then my backlog of projects start. But on solid dry ground.[/QUOTE]

LOL, we're ALMOST in the same boat!! But mine may be sinking!! LOL. Thanks for the clarification!

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I put mine on wooden beams 4 -6x8s on each side 12 feet long. Front on 12 ft 2x12

They sink level with the ground by the end of winter.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
I put mine on wooden beams 4 -6x8s on each side 12 feet long. Front on 12 ft 2x12

I should have! Lol Or, just kept in the driveway!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:

It is just a good thing they do not float down to Iowa...HeeHee

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
It is just a good thing they do not float down to Iowa...HeeHee. (Quote)

Well, that is true. Lol another truth is it is time to pass the Barth on to someone with mechanical know how and who also will enjoy this machine. I really don't camp, and may end up selling both!

See description in 1985 Barth Regal - Updated 4/3/2021.

Thanks all!