Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    RV Service/Tow near Midlothian TX..
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

RV Service/Tow near Midlothian TX..
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
Haven't been on here in a while..Will be resurecting my Barth
Bought the farm..
from covered storage and will need several things checked..
Will be needing 6 tires as old ones are down and well aged anyway so am going w/ FMCA tire plan.
Looking for a rv service place around Midlothian TX.. found
Quality RV Mansfield TX
and Camper World in Fort Worth. Will need a big rig tow (am member of CoachNet and Good Sam towing so hopefully that will cover) to one of those ( or others recommended within 50 miles of MidLothian) Been down for a while so will want CAT motor check, drive train check, etc.. Ran when parked Smiler

Any recommendations appreciated..

Mike/Cindi W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
AAA or American Automobile Association has premier RV that will tow up to 200 miles once a year.
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:
Ran when parked
So why do you need a tow?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Hi Kevin, thanks for the reply.. I already have towing w/ either coach net or good sam..just need to check w/ them to see if my tow qualifies, i.e. from storage to a repair place..

Any comments on RV service places in the DFW area or the places I mentioned above?

Need a tow because hasn't run in 1 year plus..not licensed currently..need it checked for a looooong trip..Might need to have all systems checked also..

Mike W

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:

Need a tow because hasn't run in 1 year plus..not licensed currently..need it checked for a looooong trip..
Mike W

Charge the batteries, while you go get the current sticker. Your CAT should be purring in a few seconds. While the air builds check the air in the tires and keep an eye on the gauges. Do you also have the Gillig chassis?
Pulling the drive shaft and backing off the airbrakes might be a bigger problem.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there anything useful to you in this topic.

Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Kevin...I had done a search before and saw that post..unless I ship it to Nor CA ( last estimate I saw was $6K ), nothing says DFW/TX.. I have one additional location after a net search..

Roys Champion Springs

I think I talked with them a year ago.. When I go to Texas next week, I'll make the rounds and see who I like..

TX D(B)MV says I can get a temp move tag that lasts 15 days starting when I want it to. That should get me to Nor Cal once I get everything road worthy..

Mike W

M/C-W

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Have you checked on using a mobile mechanic instead of getting the coach towed?

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
I am in the process of checking that out also. I have several recommendations from people in the area.

Mike W

M/C-W