Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1984 Regency Rotors
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1984 Regency Rotors
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My family and I have owned our 1984 Regency for a little over 5 years now and have enjoyed it more than we ever thought we would. When we purchased it the coach had been sitting for 2 years, the roof was leaking, tires were dry rotted, and the batteries had been stolen out of it. It has been a lot of work but well worth it.
Unfortunately, I have now stumbled onto an issue that I need some help with. While installing new brake pads front and rear I found that one of the rear brake rotors has heat cracks starting in it and will need replaced soon. The only source for these rotors that I have been able to find is Motor-coach restoration. Unfortunately, they are out of them and have no intention of having any more made.
Obviously this leaves me with a serious problem. I have scoured the internet and found rotors that look similar but no one can help identify them with the numbers that I have or the measurements off them. While I have the ability and resources to put together something that will work I would much rather find the correct part and just bolt it on.
So, does anyone here have any suggestions? Got a spare brake rotor sitting around you want to sell? Know where there is a junkyard full of old Barths? Anything??

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 7 | Location: cincinnati | Member Since: 09-08-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Are the rotors beyond the minimum thickness? If not then have them cut and use them.
Or who built the chassis? GM?
They should be easy to source.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The Regencies of that era were all 35 ft and were on the MCC chassis. They had 8.2 L GM 4 stroke diesels, prone to overheating. They also had independent torsion bar suspensions with great ride.

After about 86 Barth Regencies were built on the Gillig or Spartan chassis. These are still being supported by their companies, as are the GM P30 series (to some extent)

The early Regencies were excellent coaches but were plagued by engine and suspension issues. Availability of suspension parts, esp front end is a problem.

These were truly orphans among the Barth orphans.

Good luck gbrown. Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Try pming FordGuy62, he has good knowledge of these brakes. Might go thru his posts.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
I found this old post that might help you out .
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...1087061/m/6921059061

Here is Les's website.
http://www.motorcoachrestoration.com/

Hope it helps . Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
RVS in Morgan Hill CA is no longer in business,I think there is a place in Hayward CA that might be still in business that serviced FMC coaches, next time up there I will check them out.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
CHECK THESE OUT
Chevrolet C6500 Kodiak Disc Brake System

CHRIS -MCR- MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT THIS RECENTLY...

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response. The Kodiak brakes look very similar, I'll to do some research on them. I think this is going to turn into a "that looks close enough" project.

Posts: 7 | Location: cincinnati | Member Since: 09-08-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
MCR (motor coach restoration ) has the disc brake rotors for sale listed on there website. Priced at $ 566.87 confusion
Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I think MCR is out of stock also. Good luck.

Let us know if the Kodiak stuff can work. All the MCC guys would love to know where to find them. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peckart
posted Hide Post
ANY LUCK? Just bought (a few months ago) a 1983 35' Regency and desperately need a rotor. First longish road trip threw a pad and pretty much took out the rotor. Further investigation we had Bendix calipers on 3 wheels and one which was an unmarked caliper, who knows what, yup..... ugh, calipers, pads, are not difficult but where in the world can one get a rotor??

HELP is appreciated!!

Eck & P

1983 Regency 35'
8.2 Detroit
Some duck tape and Bondo
But trying to bring her back to her glory

Posts: 6 | Location: Sausalito / Winters | Member Since: 04-29-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
1985 Chevrolet C6500 Kodiak Disc Brake System

https://www.carid.com/raybesto...rotor-mpn-8512r.html

https://www.amazon.com/KODIAK-...sembly/dp/B006UH53NG

https://www.tdotperformance.ca...ormance-parts/brakes

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Peckart
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug,

I saw that but can't see how they can possibly work being a different size, different # of bots, different spacing on bots, etc.. Be curious if someone actually was able to modify them to work thx again.. still searching

Posts: 6 | Location: Sausalito / Winters | Member Since: 04-29-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
gbrown, I assume you have tried to match them at your local NAPA (National Automotive Parts Association) store. java If you look around at the United Parcel Trucks you will notice UPS (brown delivery) trucks that may have similar configuration. Rotors are out there somewhere. Mechanic
Thumbs Up Thank you for posting your Data Tag with us. Thumbs Up Now you have a personal folder for your Barth. Thumbs Up The folder is 0037 which comes for your Data Tag build number, was created by our host Bill NY for your Barth. You are a genius at the linking process, Computer so please try sending your photos, following the instructions on this page again. If you are not paying photobucket the linking process we may loose the photos.
Good luck with your effort to find rotors.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post