Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Trailer wheel lug stud replacement
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Trailer wheel lug stud replacement
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Looking to replace a few broken/damaged studs on our 1968 Barth camping trailer. Came that way from the PO. Haven't been able to find anything that matches the wide-flanged (approx 1.1") original shown in the attachment. Bolt has an "M" (or "W"?) on the head. Dexter 7-122 fits but the head is too small and I think deforms the hub. If I can't find a good replacement one option might be to press out all the studs and insert a washer between the drum and the wheel flange (I think they are separate pieces) to avoid the deformation. Would like to use the current drums rather than buy new ones. Any suggestions appreciated.

Posts: 8 | Location: Medford, NJ | Member Since: 10-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picture of drum/hub

Posts: 8 | Location: Medford, NJ | Member Since: 10-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
If new is an option it might be cheap.

Posts: 1068 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
If new is an option it might be cheap.

I agree replace the whole axle. New brakes, new bearings, new axle. And probably cheaper than repairing the old one. Check with Tractor Supply.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post