Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    VIN NUMBERS
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

VIN NUMBERS
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have lots of original paperwork with the Vin number on my 1991 Barth but cannot find them anywhere inside the coach. I have looked for a plate on the windshield and in all cabinets. I can't see where any plates have been removed that may have had the Vin numbers. I bought it in Fla and live in New Mexico. I couldn't get it registered in New Mexico because Motor Vehicles Department has to see the Vin number. I now have an appointment with the State Police to run a check on the Vin to make sure it isn't a stolen vehicle and then I can register it. I am not concerned about that but am really curious as to where they are or where they should have been. Thanks

Posts: 10 | Member Since: 04-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Don't know what model you have, but my 84 P30 has the vin number on a metal tag riveted to a crossmember forward of the radiator. It is visible with the grille opened. Hope this helps.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
My tag is on the cabinet behind my head while I am driving.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1305037&a=10653417&p=36455289

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
My 1991 Breakaway has the vin number on a tag on the road side wall behind and above my head when I am driving.

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. I have looked in all the suggested places but still can't find a VIN anywhere. I have a 1991 Barth Regal.

Posts: 10 | Member Since: 04-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[We have a 1990 Barth Regal and the VIN plate is on the driver's side above the window back by the edge of the overhead cabinate.

Posts: 5 | Location: Tacoma | Member Since: 06-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post