Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Interior paint
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Interior paint
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted
We have walls that are hardboard with a fabric over lay. We would like to paint it but having a hard time finding answers. Check the history files and it is mentioned a couple of time and one they said they did it with great results. Did not tell what paint to use. If anyone has done this sure would like an answer.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
A guess, prime with Kilz follow with quality paint of whatever persuasion you prefer. I find Kilz provides both good hiding and good tooth for the following coats bonding.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Gary, Lenny painted the walls inside his 93 Regency. They looked great but unfortunately I have no info and Lenny has departed from this earth. Oh! and his walls had the fabric overlay
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are in the process of painting the walls. First a coat of KILZ 3 and then paint. First wall done today and all I can say is WOW.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Whew! Glad to hear it worked well.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Hi Gary, are you using a roller or a brush, or foam brush. I sure hope you can share some pictures with us.
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My woman is the painter. She is using a brush and roller. First coat was KILZ 3 and second was the paint. I'll try to take some pictures. It is looking great.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance