Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    New Tires
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New Tires
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted
We need to put new tires on our Monarch. They have lots of tread left and no cracking but according to the tire shop the markings show they are 8 years old.
How do they balance these larger tires?
On our 35 regency they used a balancing material placed inside the tire.

Thanks Ed.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Family Motor Coach Association usually has a nice price on Michelin tires. Are you a member? I just upped my membership to 5 years.
For balancing some members use the bolt on balancers. I forget what they are called. The tire shop doing the installation should be able to do the proper balancing act .

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
For balancing some members use the bolt on balancers. I forget what they are called

Centramatic

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I kept thinking central balance. I think both Nick cagle and Tom Johns use Centramatic balancers on there SOB rigs.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I have them on my Regal (work great) and I think MWrench has them too. Thumbs Up

I have checked to see if they are made for the Monarch.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
A discussion on IRV2's web site re: Centramatic balancers..

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f84...ormation-261207.html

And a link back to the older tire poll that some folks may not have seen or had the chance to participate in..

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...533996687#3533996687

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have Centramatic Balancers on the Foretravel and I also had them on the '93 Barth Regency. Tried them on advice from long haul truckers. Love them and would never be without them on again. Cost for all four corners is about $400.00. You can get them at any Love's truck stop that has a tire center.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Centramatic Balancers

...here is the Canadian Distribution Centers page:

http://www.centramatic.ca/whee...s-motorcoach-rv.html

22.5" Front 8 Bolt
22.5" Front 8 Bolt Model #: 600-638
Vehicle Type: Heavy Duty Trucks - Bus / Motorhome Axle: Steer Wheel
Size:22.5 in. Bolt Holes: 8 Bolt Circle: 275mm Learn More...
$289.00 CDN

Store Location

PORCAN LTD 11 Industrielle,
Delson,
QC J5B 1V7
Phone: 1-800-689-7504

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
On Alcoa 22" wheels, they are mounted behind the wheels on the hubs, correct? And also on all duals ( 4ea ) in the rear, not just outside tire/hubs?

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:
On Alcoa 22" wheels, they are mounted behind the wheels on the hubs, correct? And also on all duals ( 4ea ) in the rear, not just outside tire/hubs?

There are usually two balancers per axle.

The balancers for the rears are essentially a flat disc with a tube around the circumference. Inside the tube is a viscous liquid and some spherical metal weights. The balancer mounts between the dual wheels.

The front balancers have the same outer tube design but the center part is cup shaped. They mount between the brake drum (hub) inside the wheel.

I will be getting some for my 98 soon.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post