Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    engine air conditioning compressor
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

engine air conditioning compressor
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We own a 28' 1991 Breakaway with a 5.9 Cummins "B" series diesel pusher w/ 50k miles. The engine a/c compressor is frozen up (there is evidence of high bearing heat).

I am having trouble locating a replacement compressor to replace the frozen up unit. It appears that the unit is probably the original equipment but was an aftermarket addition to the Cummins. The compressor was manufactured by a company that goes by the trade name "Seltec"; compressor type DKS 15 CH, 125mm Bouble A Groove pulley, 3/4 x 7/8 verticle o-ring male connectors. Cummins and Spartan have been unable to help. Have been unable to reach Seltec by internet.

If anyone has info on how to locate a Seltec replacement compressor or has knowledge of an alternate supplier I would appreciate any info you can give. Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
Steve & Rose,
ACME Radiator in Goshen, IN probably supplied your A/C; they are still a SelTec distributor & also have everything else you could possibly want in this regard. They have a wonderful 110 page catalog, and your compressor is shown on page 26 - both R12 and R134a models.

They can be reached at www.acmeair.com or 219-534-1516/800-552-2263.

By the way, I thought I needed a compressor too, but it was only my clutch. If the pulley can't freewheel ok then you may only have a clutch problem. At $82.00 or so, that's good news, so good luck.!

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
Steve & Rose,
ACME Radiator in Goshen, IN probably supplied your A/C; they are still a SelTec distributor & also have everything else you could possibly want in this regard. They have a wonderful 110 page catalog, and your compressor is shown on page 26 - both R12 and R134a models.

They can be reached at www.acmeair.com or 219-534-1516/800-552-2263.

By the way, I thought I needed a compressor too, but it was only my clutch. If the pulley can't freewheel ok then you may only have a clutch problem. At $82.00 or so, that's good news, so good luck.!

Posts: 58 | Location: Pell City, Alabama, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HankWadley
posted Hide Post
BTW, I found that SelTec's site is still good, www.seltec.com...lots of info there as well. Also found that www.acsource.com offers the SelTec R134a or R12 compressors with dual pulleys for $230.00. Item #504516 for R134a. Hope this helps!