Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Removal of passenger's sliding window
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Removal of passenger's sliding window
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted
Not being Mr Goodwrench I need some advice on how to remove the sliding, passengers front window, I took all the rubber out of the tracks, but it looks like you have to remove all those screws holding,yes or no? It looks like someone literally tried to wash between the glass.Because there is something between the glass.I am hoping to take it out and see if a glazer can seperate the two pieces of glass clean it,reseal and put it back in the frame.These windows have metal circles in the glass to give it air I'm presuming so it wouldn't get condensation between the glass. I really believe that someone used that opening in the glass to try and clean it.Any help would be appreciated Thanks

Posts: 73 | Location: MA | Member Since: 06-13-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
The seal is shot. You my have to replace the entire window. Don't know if you can get just the slider. I could not when mine developed a crack. I think Arrow in Canada can make you a new window. That's what i had to do. Let me know if you want their contact info.

R.P.Muise 1994 Breakaway/Cummins 5.9/Allison transmission/Spartan Chassis

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I replaced the front door glass at Binswanger Glass here in Texas. I notice they have offices in Massachusetts. They took the old measurements and had their factory make new double pane one. Perfect fit and cheap! Since yours is not broken you may be able to remove it and send it to them. You also might be able to find a commercial glass shop in your area that could just make a new one.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post