Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    For Windshield Experts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

For Windshield Experts
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
I am also interested in replacing the moulding. I seem to have a leak around the top of mine. Maybe a web site with some photos and methods...I presume a "special" tool may be needed, but nothing that can't be engineered from hardware store parts...

Thanks

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vdubnut
posted Hide Post
I have a leak at the top of mine as well.

Anyone have the part numbers of the earlier windshields Early 1973 and older?

Not that I need it right now, but just for documentation sake. Any early guys have a windshield replaced?

-Mike

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
1973 25 Foot
P30 Chevy with 454
73021247MC25
Follow My blog
http://73Barth.blogspot.com

Posts: 39 | Location: Bellevue, WA | Member Since: 01-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
I also had a leak at the top of my windshield also (1984 Regal/Royale). Here's what I did....

I bought a tube of actual windshield black sealant ($8) they use in the auto glass industry. The auto glass installer told me DO NOT USE SILICONE...it won't last.

I taped off about 1 inch all around the windshield (even above the rivets). Be sure and put on rubber gloves (this sealant can be pretty dangerous stuff, it's best not get it on your skin...it causes liver damage with long term sustained use...many auto glass installers cannot get life insurance because of this stuff. Their bloodwork indicates liver problems similiar to an alcoholic.) I put the sealant on nice and thick all around the top and then all around the windshield rubber all the way around where it looked like it might be leaking.

After a few minutes, I took off the tape and it looked really nice and professional and the windshield doesn't leak anymore...

K&E

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
I did exactly what K&E did with the exception of taping it off good. I thought I could free hand it and made a mess I'm still trying to clean of. As far as new seals go that should be just a generic seal sold by the foot. An experienced glass tech would need to install it and bond the ends at the bottom so it would not leak.

Neil

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Mike, if you mean the early WS that is only about 14" high, it is no longer available according to members who extensively searched previously.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I used a 3M window sealant. Don't recall the name, but it came from an auto finish supply store and cost about 17 bucks. That was about 6 years ago and it hasn't leaked a drop since. VERY messy, doesn't come off anything it touches so be careful.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vdubnut:
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
Mike, if you mean the early WS that is only about 14" high, it is no longer available according to members who extensively searched previously.
Don't break your windshield Mike - you're going to have a very hard time finding one. Late 1968 - mid 1973

From our data tag project, the latest we can find is from July of 1973.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does that dw730/731 fit the mcc barth? does anybody know? still trying to find glass.for my 82 mcc.

Posts: 4 | Location: ca | Member Since: 03-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
Go to the MCC expert:

http://www.motorcoachrestoration.com/

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I believe it is... BTW, aren't you already registered on our site? http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...31087061/m/342109733

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I just got a new right side windshield (DW730, but it is referenced as GW730 GTN by PPG glass) Paid $183 from my local glass shop. I also have the rubber gasket but I still need the driver's side (731) Does anyone have a source for the driver side? These things are becoming more rare. The glass I got was from Mexico...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jeff H
posted Hide Post
Steve,
I just had both sides replaced with the gasket. PM me and I will provide a contact and number if you still need help. They had access to plenty of this glass.

Posts: 30 | Location: Oklahoma | Member Since: 01-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the help. I was able to order the glass locally and hopefully will have it in next week. Saved a bundle!
Bill - yes we were already registered. I couldn't remember the wife's login Smiler

Posts: 4 | Location: ca | Member Since: 03-14-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Jeff, thanks for the help. I will get in touch with you, folks around here don't have the driver side.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Update: From the earliest Barth Motorhome to late 1973. An option to consider.
quote:
Originally posted by vdubnut:
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Don't break your windshield Mike - you're going to have a very hard time finding one. Late 1968 - mid 1973
If you are running out of options then this should do the trick. And, it looks pretty good too... In an "Old School" type of fashion. It appears to be 4 pieces of glass cut to fill the void.

It is better to have this option than none at all.

If you do go this route, please don't throw out your unbroken windshield. Perhaps a member here can benefit from it. Let us know what the measurements are and take plenty of pictures for your fellow members.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis