Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    For Windshield Experts
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

For Windshield Experts
 Login now/Join our community

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
The kind of fogging Danny mentions usually occurs in a sandy environement like FL on a dry windy day, or the desert. It can be polished out. The spot correction that Glas-Weld does is good for rock bruises. My insurance company pays for it without deductible if it can be used. I don't know of anything short of replacement to cure the edge fogging that occurs with delamination.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Here is a quick update on my search for two front windshields.

The insurance company is covering the windows. They use Duncan Systems to do replacement windows on RV's. They did state that I could work with someone who I recommend, but are prepared to manage the entire process if needed.

I have a friend who has a large truck and RV repair shop who can replace windows. If they agree, I'll have them do the work.

I was originally sent to another company who could not handle the work and had to start all over again with my insurance company.

I'll give everyone the full details when the work is completed.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Well, both windows are in and the job was well done. They had some trouble locating the the windows, but after about a week of searching, they located two in Texas. Overall, it was about three weeks from my report to the insurance company to the completed installation.

The installer worked with my insurance company to get the job done. They told him to go ahead with the work. He did the work and has yet to hear from the supplier or the insurance company regarding billing. I still have no idea what the job cost. My guess, since it was Duncan Glass that handled the claim for my insurance company, is that the windows (both driver and passenger) will be at least $800 each plus the installation.

I was told by the insurance company that they would cover the full cost, as I have 100% replacement on glass. I still want to know the cost of the job and will pursue it and make a final report here when I have the final price.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
The rest of the story.

Well I got the invoice for the replacement of the front windows in the Barth today.

Boy was I surprised. I was charged $173.34 for each window (discounted from $192.60) and the installation was $189.00 for each window. The tax was $17.34 for a total of $747.02.

I must admit that I thought that I would pay about that for each window, not including installation. Sometime things just go your way. I wish that this type of good fortune would come my way when I have to pay the bill. With full glass coverage, the insurance company makes out on this one.

Note: The invoice numbers on the windows were (DW 730 GTN) and (DW 731 GTN).

End of story. I think.

Bill G

Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 (Feb.) Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis (1990 build date)
2014 Honda CRV toad
10Kw Power Tech Gen w/ Kubota diesel engine
Can accomodate Barth visitor with advance notice

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Well, now that I have all the skinny from your exercise, I must get mine replaced after the first of the year. I have only one to replace, so I will target the ~$400 that yours cost as a guide. I live in a somewhat remote area and finding any reliable tradesman is near impossible.

I fear that the glass will become more scarce as years pass., may be working off of existing inventory collective around the country already.

Thanks for the detailed info.

On edit, one more Q: Did they come to you, or did you have to drive to their shop?

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Gary,

The glass installer traveled to my local shop. It was not far, and I guess, because this guy does truck glass, he installs where he can. He does have his own shop however.

Here is the phone number for the Duncan Systems glass company that I dealt with (1-800-551-9149, I spoke with Linda). They worked with my insurance carrier to get the job done. It was the assistance from this site that accurately determined which windows to order.

Bill G

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
Ok, I called a couple local shops that took my info and never called back.

I called a third one that determined, in a single phone call, that they had glass in Tucson and would install a single side for $290. Although possibly cheaper is available, I was fed up with non-replies.

So I put a $25 deposit to get them to order the glass delivered to Sierra Vista from Tucson and hold it until I decide ($$) to schedule the install

Thanks to all for the help!

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Garryp,

Let us know how you make out. We all learn from the experience of others on this site.

Bill G

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
My glass was installed today. First arrival and the installer found that he had broken the glass on the way out. He did not take my directions and took a near non-passable road which was very rough.

They had a second glass at the shop, and an hour later he arrived again. The glass is PPG.

The install went ok, but the bottom edge where it meets the narrow 'stretcher' panel seemed to be slightly undercut, but it went in with a tiny bead of sealer. In fact, he put a bead all around the glass to be sure that it does not leak, as well as where the rubber meets the aluminum all across the top.

Original rubber was still in good shape and survived the reinstall.

So $292 later I have a non-cracked windshield. I hope it stays that way!

Now I have to save $$ for the antifreeze flush and oil/filter change needed before the 2007 odyssey! Tires still good, and trans fluid was changed in 2006.

Edited to add: Thanks very much for all the accurate help offered here that made this a no risk repair! I wonder how folks find the right glass without you guys?

Picture of Lloyd Knudson
posted Hide Post
Ijust got a bid for 475.00 for both windsheilds out the door. one here in Everrett and one coming out of Portland.143.00 for left and 175.00 for right. The left one has small crack in left upper conner and right one has alittle delaination at the bottom. the installler is trying to talke me out of replaceing them but at that price I can not afford not too. who knows what they will be next year

1991 regency 300 cat 9kw genset

Posts: 36 | Location: monroe wa. | Member Since: 04-04-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi...
We just acquired an '85 Regency with very fogged windshields from delamination.
Can someone pinpoint the glass size and numbers for replacement glass on this year and model?
Thank you,
Don and Susan

Posts: 16 | Location: Allegan, Michigan | Member Since: 02-21-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Do a search on Barthmobile for windshields. There has been a lot of discussion, & somewhere in there are the numbers you need. These are standard GM truck windshields, & prices quotes have been all over the map.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
I think that if you read this thread from the start you will find your answers.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don and ...'85 Regency...Can someone pinpoint the glass size and numbers for replacement glass on this year and model?
Hey Don and Susan - welcome to Barthmobile. Read this post located in this thread - Your coach uses the same glass that 98% of our coaches use.

The prices are all over the map - read up before calling - it will save you some money.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any experience buying or replacing the rubber molding that holds the windshield?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post