Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Actuators ? (not attenuators )
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Actuators ? (not attenuators )
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
I do recall that someone posted here that HWH will rebuild them for about $300 each

was doing some checking as RV Doc George seems slow on his repairs. Checked with HWH ( w/po# from RV Doc) and they quoted $196.56 each plus shipping. RV Doc George advised my price from them would be $300 each.. When asked why the discrepancy ( $400 total extra for all 4), I was advised.."we have to run a business.." Geez, 50% markup on parts! Wow, unfortunately, they have me by the 'short hairs' .

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Mike, is the rebuild for the Kickdown Actuators or rebuilding the entire jack components?
Also would the RV doctor price include removing installing the completely rebuilt jack?
Actuators can be rebuilt while on the bus without removing the whole jack. I do not think $100 for removal and replacement of the 16,000 pound jack is too much. Each jack weights about 75 pounds. You need a small floor jack to jack up the jack when bolting it back on the frame.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
I don't think they are rebuilds, I think they are new actuators. Again HWH quoted $196 and change each less shipping. No, I don't think installation is included and the $300 price each Doc George quoted was the actuators only after his mark-up.. They do not communicate well..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike/Cindi W:
Thanks Kevin.. would it be better to have the complete actuator replaced? Where do you get those? from HWH maybe..?
Barth installed these I guess, not Gillig..

Time to resurrect this old post.

If you are trying to get part information from HWH Shields Up Violence (Highly Withheld and Hidden)give up now. Violence Shields Up I have tried to order new actuators and poppet valves for my kick down jacks. They do not have raw materials to rebuild the jacks or actuators. HWH does not have the manpower to do the work involved in the repair. Thumbs Down My order has been in since May 3, 2021. Thumbs Down There is no estimated delivery date.
I did offer a machine shop to do the work. I also offered to supply the raw materials to get this going.
This is a sad situation for any HWH jack repair you may need.
If you need the seals listed in this post for actuator repair you can use the part sizes and numbers on the invoice. Thumbs Down My recent purchase was more than $30 due to our current double digit inflation. D'oh

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post