Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Auto fill whine?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Auto fill whine?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have been reading the messages about the auto fill valve. We just tried to put water in our new to us Barth and when I turned on the autofill switch I got a loud whine. From what I read here it was supposed to be a buzzing sound and a ringing when it's filled?
I did try cycling the switch on and off it didn't seem to matter.
We didn't try to finish pumping water in this way. Figured we should find out if we were doing it correctly.
Is it supposed to whine loudly while filling?

Posts: 9 | Location: Bakersfield, CA, USA | Member Since: 04-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Mine never whined when I had it.

When you cycled the valve, did the water stop and start flowing? If the water did stop and start, the valve is working fine and the whine could have been coming from the inlet check valve.

Try this: Hook up your hose to the pressure fill, and run a faucet. Does the whine occur then?

The electric fill valve is a high failure item, whine or no whine.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
does anyone know the part # and were to get one

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
On mine, it's actually a gas valve.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANKS

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
You can replace the valve with an ASCO Red Hat type. Call the company direct, give them the size, usually 1/4 NPF. The fluid you want to handle,Water and the voltage,12VDC. Its going to set you back about a hundred bucks. Or 1/10 a coach buck.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Or just go to ebay and buy 12vdc shut off valve. I paid under $10 for mine, but it took a while to get to AZ from China.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post