Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1982 barth
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1982 barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
please tell me what a 1982, 26 foot well cared for barth might be worth. 454 rebuilt chevy engine, 60000 miles on the coach, clean and pretty as you would want, Mr "knows what he is doing" has had it for 15 years and feels stongly about "getting all the bugs out by now". Drove it the other day and although loose in the steering, it had lots of power and solid ride.

Posts: 2 | Location: missouri | Member Since: 10-02-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Vaule of this coach depends on what new, what works, and your love of this coach. If looking for an investment, worth less than if this is a coach you would like to keep for years. New tire, spring, steering system, brakes, exaust, could double the amount of a coach this age. If this Barth is mostly original, it could use all of the above. I bought my 38.000 mile 31' Regal, show room interior-good exterior-needs paint, all original, for $3,500.00. I think I got a great deal, but have already spent $2000.00 on tires and plan on spending plenty more on this coach over next year. 1 fine built coach I plan on keeping for many years. If frame is in Good shape, good tires-check age not wear. A fair price in my opinion $3,000- $5,000. See if you can find the pdf on P-30 Alignment on this forum. This will give you an ideal of what you will need to do to fix your steering problems.
Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Where is it located? Can one of us go see it with/for you?

We bought ours for $16K in 2005. An anal retentive helicopter pilot/mechanic had done a lot to it. He spent $3500 on double paned windows with rubber seals not aluminum, thorley headers, air ride system, added a leaf spring in rear, just to name a few things.

We bought a Gear vendor $3500, $1200 tires, steering issues(not yet satisfied) with new springs, shocks, steering damper, bushings $1000, brakes $1000, $1000 trans-rear main seal, $700 on fridge for starters. So you need to have some know how or know & trust someone that does. The less you spend on the coach the more money you'll have to play. Most repairs were due to age, & wear & tear. It had sat a couple of years in New Mexico.

The experts on this site will guide you through most decisions.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of Curtis H.
posted Hide Post
Pictures would really help in determining value, but you could also check out Barth Coaches For Sale as well as Barth Coaches Sold to get a a reference point.

Post some pictures through, that would be the easiest way for us to help you.

"The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches but to reveal to him his own." Benjamin Disraeli

Posts: 99 | Location: Rochester, MI | Member Since: 10-08-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the guy wants 7500. tires,brakes exhaust are all relatively new. oven does not work. all batteries about 18 months old. seller has lots of information on the coach such as maintenance records,brochures,how to stuff. I really like the coach but need more information. he says the engine has 6000 miles on it.

Posts: 2 | Location: missouri | Member Since: 10-02-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
If it helps, I just paid 7 for a 1984 28' that had been sitting a year or so in good shape but genset needs repaired.

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
And a nice '85 recently sold in Atlanta for $5000. That might have been a little low but the seller was happy. BTW, it had a new engine in it.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/10
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsloan:
If it helps, I just paid 7 for a 1984 28' that had been sitting a year or so in good shape but genset needs repaired.
JSLOAN' I'M TIM GALLAGHER, IN LUMBERTON, MS
WHAT TOWN ARE YOU AT??tgalla1015@bellsouth.net

Posts: 16 | Location: Lumberton, Mississippi | Member Since: 12-28-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post

tires,brakes exhaust are all relatively new.

Tires of course will look pretty new on most motor homes until you learn what new & old mean in motor home life.

Unfortunately if tires are much older than 5 years they need to be replaced. 7 is pushing it. So you may want to see when they were purchased & use as a negotiating point if you get there. $1300 bill

There may be some discrepancy on this so yous other guys chime in any time. I think it may be a good way to look at MH tires.

5 years in MH years means 50,000 miles on a 50,000 mi. tire life.

7 years in MH years means 75,000 miles on a 50,000 mi. tire life.

I know you can do a minimum of $1300 in damage when a tire blows.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B