Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Duotherm on Regal 22ft '90
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Duotherm on Regal 22ft '90
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug.A
posted
My Duotherm appears to blow cold air after a short while, then it changes to warm air... the ambient temperature was low 80's... I have no previous experience of using the unit.. any ideas?

It's model number is 610015.103

The wretched company 'repairing' my RV had assured me that all appliances had been checked and worked OK and now, 5 MONTHS after the agreed deadline for the work to be completed I discover the air-co does this, (using shore power) as the generator is not working. The gen. tech said he told the repairers this, but the company owner told me the complete opposite. That it had been checked out, serviced and was fine.. The gen. tech had even taken photos to show the issues... so I advise folk to be very cautious in using RV OREGON for any work....

Posts: 25 | Location: Tualatin Oregon USA | Member Since: 10-08-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
We have Duotherm air conditioners . Ours would blow cold then the compressors would cut out before the coach would cool off . The rear air cooled a little better than the front . They would blow ice cold at first then not cold .
The thermostats are manual ones mounted on the units . I took them apart and adjusted the adjustment screw for the thermostat .
Now the temperature in the front of the coach can get down to 62 degrees . It was sitting in the sun last week with a heat index of 125 in the shade and had no problem keeping the front of the coach 70 degrees with just the front unit on .
The rear unit works just as good and will get the bedroom down to 65 degrees and maintain it .
The units work so good that we normally only run one at a time . Eventually , we'll probably install wall mounted thermostats because the temperature control will be more accurate . But for now , staying cool is no problem .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It is sad to keep hearing the reports of "professional" RV repairs not going well. When Camping World installed a replacement awning for the owner of my coach, they did not seal the holes. Years later I had to replace the water damaged wall panel.

So many other stories of poor results. Sadly I am not sure if this is dishonesty or incompetence but in the end, the result is the same.

I am fortunate that as I grew up my father dragged me into many projects, cars, houses, boats, etc. I acquired skills that have served me well for many years. I have documented many of my coach projects here on the site. There have been may times I wished I had someone competent I could hire but other than a good diesel mechanic, I have not found anyone to trust with my coach.

Now 67 years old I have tried to wean myself from the projects with minimal success. As we returned from Florida this winter, the radiator blew out on the coach. We pulled off the road and proceeded to find a replacement. I REALLY didn't want the job but did not find anyone who was competent and available to do it for me. (I would have gladly paid someone $1000 to do it...)

I ended up doing the job myself. Between rain storms, I got it done. I was hurting for 2 weeks. Back, hands, knees, shoulder and neck. Felt like I got run over by a truck then fell down the stairs, twice....

There are many good techs out there. Their customers know them and they are always busy because they do good work. If you are lucky enough to find them, stay with them! I have the same airplane mechanic for 20 years, and the diesel guy for 4 years now. Not the cheapest, but always done right.

Feedback from members is helpful, both good and bad. Good luck finding a good service provider.

Have Barth, will tinker Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey Doug, that little black retainer on what I assume is the choke or throttle rod, is gold!! I had to use safety wire to hold the one on 88 in-place. If anyone knows where to get that or a similar retainer please share!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Why I try to do 95% of the work myself with a lot of help from son in law & barthmobile mechanics.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Hey Duane, go on Amazon and type in Dorman 41017 linkage clip assortment.
kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug.A
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, as I'm 74 years old, have heart issues and no desire to clamber around roofs or generator bays myself, especially when I paid the wretches at RV Oregon to do the work and they didn't!

quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
It is sad to keep hearing the reports of "professional" RV repairs not going well. When Camping World installed a replacement awning for the owner of my coach, they did not seal the holes. Years later I had to replace the water damaged wall panel.

So many other stories of poor results. Sadly I am not sure if this is dishonesty or incompetence but in the end, the result is the same.

I am fortunate that as I grew up my father dragged me into many projects, cars, houses, boats, etc. I acquired skills that have served me well for many years. I have documented many of my coach projects here on the site. There have been may times I wished I had someone competent I could hire but other than a good diesel mechanic, I have not found anyone to trust with my coach.

Now 67 years old I have tried to wean myself from the projects with minimal success. As we returned from Florida this winter, the radiator blew out on the coach. We pulled off the road and proceeded to find a replacement. I REALLY didn't want the job but did not find anyone who was competent and available to do it for me. (I would have gladly paid someone $1000 to do it...)

I ended up doing the job myself. Between rain storms, I got it done. I was hurting for 2 weeks. Back, hands, knees, shoulder and neck. Felt like I got run over by a truck then fell down the stairs, twice....

There are many good techs out there. Their customers know them and they are always busy because they do good work. If you are lucky enough to find them, stay with them! I have the same airplane mechanic for 20 years, and the diesel guy for 4 years now. Not the cheapest, but always done right.

Feedback from members is helpful, both good and bad. Good luck finding a good service provider.

Have Barth, will tinker Mechanic

Posts: 25 | Location: Tualatin Oregon USA | Member Since: 10-08-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug.A
posted Hide Post
Glad someone has benefited form my fiasco... lol

quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
Hey Doug, that little black retainer on what I assume is the choke or throttle rod, is gold!! I had to use safety wire to hold the one on 88 in-place. If anyone knows where to get that or a similar retainer please share!!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dorman 41017

KennyJ...not only can you sing and entertain, you got Smarts...Thanks for the info gonna order a selection of those little buggers, 8 bucks!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post