Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Do I actually need 2 roof ac units?
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Do I actually need 2 roof ac units?
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
15025 is the 13.5k BTU unit non ducted
15027 is the 13.5k BTU unit ducted

15026 is the 15k BTU unit non ducted
15028 is the 15k BTU unit ducted

15021 is the non ducted ceiling assembly, includes flip down thermostat and IR remote
15022 is the ducted ceiling assembly with separate wall mounted thermostat and remote

Depending on the supplier the unit may or may not be listed with the corresponding ceiling assembly included. Read carefully.

These numbers are all for the white units. Also available in black.

15025 and 15026 require 110V only
15027 and 15028 require 110V and 12VDC

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
A year ago I bought a Coleman !5,000 BTU unit on Ebay, was new and on the original pallet, I also had to buy a control panel for the inside.

The unit is noisy for sure and as I said at the GTG, it, I would think freeze me out with all that power, however it does just merely an adequate job of cooling my 25 footer.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve, very helpful..

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
What a difference. Ordered another 15025 from AdventureRV.net on Sun. Email invoice arrives Mon AM, shipped out Mon PM. Arrived Fedex, in good condition, Wed PM. Thumbs Up Superman

Now to install Mechanic

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
Anyone feel the need to buy the Atwood 15KW unit? rather than the 13.5 KW one..?

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I ought the 15K BTU, having only one unit in 28'.

It's plenty, but I should note that the worst heat for me is at star parties, where the windows have blackout curtains.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The front AC on the Monarch is an Atwood 15k (15026). I originally bought it to replace the single AC on the 33 Regal. I bought the Monarch before I got the install on the Regal done. The Atwood 15 is a heat pump system, is powerful, quiet and power efficient.

It is a great unit for the 37 Monarch. I have a ducted ceiling system, with just the 15k in front it is usually adequate.

I bought the 13.5K (15025) for the rear AC to serve as a backup.

Both of these units are billed as nonducted models but I have a ducted sytem, with inside ceiling panels I will keep using. For the first one I just removed the thermostat from the unneeded Atwood ceiling panel, extended the wires and mounted the thermostat on the wall. The furnace already has a separate thermostat so I didn't need 12v. (The previous Duo-Therm needed 12v.)

For the rear AC I bought the bare roof unit and thermostat only. I ran a wire to mount the thermostat on the wall. I like the idea of separate thermostats for reliability and better zone control.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
On the MCC BY BARTH there are two....but I never use them
as the interior never gets that hot from the fiberglas roofSmiler

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
IMHO I think it is best to have two roof AC's.
I had two on my 85 Barth MCC 35ft and most of the time ran them on the low setting, which kept an even temp thru the coach.
If you have any pets and leave them, even for a couple of hours, it's nice to know you have two AC's in case one decides to fail.
MY neighbor has an SOB and in the afterwards of hurricane Irma took his to a campground and left his two dogs in it while he cleaned up the yard at his house and did some repair work. When he went back later that afternoon the front AC had failed (he did not have the back one on) and found one of his dogs had died from heat exhaustion.

Just something to think about.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post