Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    1982 25ft Glassnose, 454 radiator
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1982 25ft Glassnose, 454 radiator
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted
I have searched the net and the radiators they say fit my RV are sure not like the one in it. Anyone come across one that's fits?

If mine is repairable, not to bad cost wise, if it needs a new core, they are telling me $700. What Y'all think.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2044 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
yours like this??

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy...AOSwzaJX~iOr&vxp=mtr

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Nope Doug it is not, mine is narrower and longer and the inlet is on the left hand side and the fill faces the front on the RV..The one you showed and similar are me all I can find.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2044 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
My transmission and oil cooler are external also.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
mine is narrower (height?) and longer (width?)

https://www.heavytruckparts.net/search.php

https://www.musclecarsandclass...-row-truck-k5-blazer

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Doug, I will measure and post tomorrow! Thanks for the help!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
If you can't find one consider calling Griffin Thermal Products. They have a worksheet you fill out and then they build you one that will fit. Has a warranty and will have. 4 or 5 rows. Should be less than what you have been told.
Personally I won't buy a new one with aluminum thin cores and plastic tanks. I'd get it recorded with pure copper tubes and fins.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. The forward facing filler neck makes the RV rad unique. All the replacements have corner filler caps.

discussion here: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...963900687#3963900687

It turns out the radiator frame was bent and the old radiator got torqued and leaked. Wasn't until I modified the radiator frame for the new rad I realized the frame was bent.

I had the old rad recored for $500. When it leaked again I bought the new one. I still have that rad. It has the standard RV end caps and a new core, small leak lower corner driver's side. It could be resealed and the core is new.

If you or someone wants the rad you can have it.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5160 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Duane, Are you sure your problem is the radiator. If your getting hot in traffic and staying ok at higher speeds check the fan clutch. At about 220 deg. it will kick in and sound like a small jet engine. The bi-metallic springs break and the fluid can leak out causing the fan to not lock up. The engine fan pulls much more air then the electric fans will.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Crazyshakespeare13
posted Hide Post
Sort of on topic...had my rad. recored and now I'm reaching temps that exceed 230+ routinely after only a mile or two of driving. It also seems hard to get it up to highway speeds....i am taking her ringer looked at in the next week or so but thought I'd see what you guys thought?

Posts: 69 | Location: Ft. Worth | Member Since: 01-02-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... be sure no air is trapped in the system. Also the thermostat may be bad? Also as Craig suggested, check your fan clutch.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5160 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
My Radiator is about 21 wide by 37 long, there is a transmission cooling line in the bottom.

The reason I am looking for a new one is, there is a small leak in the upper corner, I noticed the discoloration before but I thought it had been repaired, after my Ohio trip it dripped about a cup full over night. Funny I took a short trip to have the rad guy look at it and now that leak has stopped again.

SteveVW if your old rad is close in size and style to mine I might have to take a trip your way.

Thanks all!!!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Looks like the same radiator. Mine is about same overall size. End caps where they saddle mount in the frame are 3 1/2 by 21". Core is 29" wide between cap seams.

Mine has trans cooler and oil cooler if needed. 3 row copper core (about 2.5" thick) was new but year later leaked at lower drive side corner. I now believe this was due to bent radiator mount frame torquing on the rad. Needs to be resoldered though.

You can have it if you want it, core is good for sure. You won't have to modify your rad mounts to make it fit like I did with my replacement rad.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Ok Steve, why is your rad installed with the long side left to right and mine up to down. I like the way your rad hose is installed mine has bends from the center to the left side connection.
When I replaced my power steering pump most of the work required me in the wheel well.

P30 chassis
350 engine

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Hmm, apparently mine is a crossflow design and yours is up and down. Interesting...

May not be able to use it after all. I did not think GM had changed the rad between 82 and 86, maybe they did.

I will get more photos to compare hose barb size and locations.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp