Screen Removal Bargman L-300 Door Handle brakes Satellite Fuel Tank Fire Extinguishers Roof Antenna Tech Talk Forum Shortcut Motor Oil Window Generators headlights batteries Radiator AC Unit Grab Handle Wiper Blades Wiper Blades Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Door Locks Rims Front Shocks Rear Shocks Front Tires Oil Filter Steps Roof Vent Awning Propane Tank Mirror Info Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Clearance Lights Spartan Chassis Gillig Chassis Freightliner Chassis P-32 Chassis MCC Chassis
    Forums    Tech Talk    Bendix Cruise Control Schematic Needed: Conversion to Electronic Cruise in Progress
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Bendix Cruise Control Schematic Needed: Conversion to Electronic Cruise in Progress
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted
All,
Finally gave up on Bendix Cruise Control, bought electronic unit online and will report on it after installation.
I have the Bendix manual for the air operated cruise, but the manual is lacking on exactly the function of each individual wire. As my installer will splice in to the Bendix harness anyone who has done this who has any notes of which color wires perform which specific function would be greatly appreciated.
Additionally if anyone has done this conversion if you used the existing speed sensor on the Allison transmission and this worked. I have a drive shaft mounted magnet I purchased and will use the existing unit on the Transmission if it will work. The tech support at the cruise control vendor said he would need specific data on the speed sensor to be able to tell me if it will work, and that the cruise control module accepts many different formats of speed pulses. He recommended to use the magnet on the drive shaft as they know for sure it will work and isn't that difficult of an install.
Thanks

1990 Regency 32 Center Aisle Spartan Chassis CTA8.3 Cummins 240HP 4 spd Allison 7.5 Diesel Genset Pac-brake Prosine 2000 Mickey's on the Rear Toyos front

Posts: 131 | Location: Brady, The Republic of Texas | Member Since: 01-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of Stratosurfer
posted Hide Post
All,
New cruise installed, Rostrum unit bought on-line and installed by local car electronic guy: it works great and apparently goes full throttle on uphills quickly as necessary.
Installer figured out and spliced into Bendix harness which is now disconnected. I'll remove it later after the air lines are secured.

1990 Regency 32 Center Aisle Spartan Chassis CTA8.3 Cummins 240HP 4 spd Allison 7.5 Diesel Genset Pac-brake Prosine 2000 Mickey's on the Rear Toyos front

Posts: 131 | Location: Brady, The Republic of Texas | Member Since: 01-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post