Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Moving headboard
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted
I'm planning to give the Barth rear bedroom a new pillowtop mattress. It'll be considerable thicker than the current mattress and I'd like to move the headboard up to accommodate it. Is anyone able to give me a heads up on the method of attachment to the rear wall. It is the upholstered board without any method of attachment showing on the surface. I suspect it may just slide up to release but don't want to do any damage as it seems pretty tight. Any advice or insight greatly appreciated.

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"...the method of attachment to the rear wall."
I removed & replaced mine; had it re-upholstered. It was (is) held in place by screws. The fabric has "buttons" which hide the screwheads: a standard round flange into which the upholstered "button" snaps. I took a small flatblade screwdriver and unsnapped the upholstered buttons, then removed the screws and the headboard. The screws go into the upright metal "studs" which are out of sight behind the wallboard, so be sure to mark their location on the headboard for reattachment.

"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gunner, but no buttons on this one - or any other visible means of hiding an attachment device. I'm thinking.. one of those pressure fit devices which slides over a wide screw head. I have not had the will to use the possibly damaging force necessary to test my theory - Yet.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
Finally a warm day and a chance to look more closely at the headboard. It is attached with 4 philips screws. The screws had been drilled through a tiny hole in the fabric and were hidden behind the folds in the upholstery. Find the obscure tiny hole, insert screwdriver, probe for the screw head and remove. Too simple.