Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

My Class C status
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Made a little progress on my C. When I got home we looked into the issue of the motor dying at idle. Took the carb off to have it over hauled and found it had a cracked die casting. I had a "spare" sb chevy 400 with a Edelbrock carb and Holley intake. Put those on and the engine ran smoothly with a lot more power.

Coming back from the test drive, pushed the clutch in and the connection between pedal and the booster actuating rod broke. Hmmm the replacement of the Turbo 400 with a 5 spd had some issues. Too long to describe but over the next week or so we rebuilt the linkage, and hopefully it will stand up. Now the clutch is a manly clutch to operate, but I shift without using the clutch except when I am stopped.

Put on new dual exhaust from the headers on back. Floor of the cab gets warm from the air flowing over the headers. You know there is a V8 in my class C when I back off the throttle, sweeeet.

I am covering the floor of the cab with 80mil fat mat, and
putting 50mil under the snap together wood floor. Also going to line the dog house, with fat mat.

I have painted the fake wood in the interior, have a new uninstalled fantastic fan, and Winegard Antenns to install.

Water pump turns on, but not pumping water, there is a water leak that remains hidden and I am not going to look again until I finish some of the other projects. Heater blower turns on, but haven't filled the propane tank so I do not know if the furnace will light. Gen set is close to working, if it doesn't shape up, a Honda 3000 will take it's place.

More stuff going on but my finger is tired of poking my I-pad.

Chuckd
1977 Class C
Stillwater MN.

Posts: 73 | Location: Stillwater Mn | Member Since: 07-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post