Tools
Reply To This Topic

Wheel covers
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Through a little horse tradin' and debts owed, I just picked up a set of Wheel Master Stainless covers. I think I'm going to have to get new screws for the attachment lips, they look pretty round, but overall they look OK. I got 2 innies, both good, and 4 outties,[tag axle] that I can pick the best 2 of. Going out now to start scrubbing and Star-Brite-ing to see how nice I can make them look. Pix will be up as soon as I get them installed. About 80 bucks out of pocket.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Well, they polished up really nice and they look good on the Euro, but the lugs still show, and they look pretty ugly. Do I paint them or can I get some little covers that fit over them?
Update-- went to WheelMaster site and found the lug covers #8010. They don't give much ordering info so I'll get them local. My problem now is the wheels look so good I'll have to paint the coach! Oh well, it's always something!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Danny, most big truck stops have lug nut covers for about a buck each. I have lost a couple and had to replace them.

How about a picture of those shiny wheels

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Another question. On the rear hub covers there are 2 tabs that stick out about and inch from the crown. What were these for? Pix will be up as soon as it stops raining.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Valve stem extensions for the inner wheels.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Makes sense. Here's one pic. Still fighting with PB to get the close-up downloaded.

Here we go

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Neil T.
posted Hide Post
Danny, It looks great, I always say the wheels make the vehicle. My P30 has aluminum wheels that look great when polished but need constant polishing to stay that way. Hence they rarely look great. Those stainless hubcaps only need to be washed to stay looking good.

Neil

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"

Posts: 246 | Location: Simpsonville, South Carolina | Member Since: 04-20-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I got the 10-24x1 SS capscrews at Homey today, 2 for 1.56, 5 per wheel, so the covers are secured. The press-on lug covers from Wheelmasters are going to be about 50 bucks, so I'm not rushing in to that just yet. The covers I have list for 459 and Campers World member price at 399 so I still am a little ahead. 80 bucks for the covers 16 for bolts, and 50 for the lug covers. The 3-4 hours polishing time doesn't count, because I actually like doing things that I can see a difference in when I'm done.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
WOW - what a huge difference....good job Danny!!

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
It really looks great Danny. You use to have hubcaps on it before so this is a big improvement.

Maybe it's time for a new photo Danny?

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind words, but a new pic might have to wait just a bit longer, if things go right.

79 Barth Classic

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Here's the pic with the lug covers on.

79 Barth Classic

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
SWEET!! Good Job Danny,

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The stainless steel air hoses & valve extensions are about $70 through wheelmasters.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post