Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

LED lighting conversion
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the part number Ed. I do recall there were other members buying LED light from Superbrightleds.com. I was more interested in more light. I am thinking your part number would work well in the Barth Lighted Entry Handle too.
Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have one in the entry handle also. The 67 series is available in various number of forward facing LEDS and power levels up to 3 watts. You can also source colors and two white wave lengths for daylight (~6500K) white or warm (~4300K) white.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I believe I bought the same lights from somewhere when I did mine. I quickly found they would not go into the socket as Kevin states. I went another route to remedy the situation. I lightly ground the protruding edge of the base and it went with no issue.

I did not want to deal with returning them and it was quick and easy.

I love them no longer being a light blast furnace.

Ed I used a blue led light in the handle. Everytime I turn it on I am reminded of the "House of Blue Lights" sung by Asleep at the Wheel! Something we never want to do while driving our 10 ton Bricks!!!! Sorry

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
So I replaced the standard head light with LED's rewired the system using the old light hi and low beam wires to run relay coils, and wired the relay contacts straight to the battery. I did install a 30 amp breaker. These four lights use only 18 amps @ 12 volts.

The led brand is called Cree comes from China and only like 50 bucks on Ebay for the 4.

These babies are bright!!!! What a change, opposing traffic is gonna hate me.

The old wiring had 11.6 volts to bulb, with 13.6 at the battery, without the bulbs lighted. I imagine a volt or so less running the 4 light bulbs.

Have yet to road test but I am impressed. I do need to aim them and clean up the wiring yet.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post